***** PlayStation Vita Official Thread *****

Caporegime
yeah it is exactly like a PSP, oh wait except for the right stick, its hardly revolutionary or worth over £200

claps hands slowly at sony

Sure it's like a PSP but no more than other console iterations that have come before it. You could argue every new iteration of hardware just brings more power, better specs and (usually) 1 significant feature that separates it from the predecessor.

rp2000

Man of Honour
Of course they will offer a discount on some digital titles over retail. Only a tool would think there would be no discount, considering there are discounts in USA and japan already!

It's been confirmed that online downloads here will be cheaper than rrp for most full titles ;)

I obviously meant that they wouldn't give use better offers than any other territory.

Soldato
yeah it is exactly like a PSP, oh wait except for the right stick, its hardly revolutionary or worth over £200

claps hands slowly at sony

You dont seem interested in the product so maybe avoid posting here as im sure most who are here ARE looking forward to the vita and are more than happy to spend their hard earned cash on it! This is the next version of the psp, they take what they had and improve on it in everyway! Duel analogs opens up a whole new tier of genre's that havent been as accessible until now! It may not be a massive revolution but its a vast improvement on its previous and its competitors imo.

The best handheld to date and this is only its launch line up! Look what the psp could churn out nearer the end

Last edited:
Soldato
I popped into the highstreet to have a peek at the shop demo unit.

I can see, as a shiny new toy, why people will buy it, but I was a little underwhelmed, the graphis wherent as good as I expected, frame rates where not always silky smooth, and there where only 2 launch games I fancied.. That and the ergos are where too PSP esque, my thumbs dont suit it..

I may cave in when more games come along, so I'll await everyones opinions on Wednesday, I'm a sucka for gadgets so I may yet cave in... :)

Soldato
Sure it's like a PSP but no more than other console iterations that have come before it. You could argue every new iteration of hardware just brings more power, better specs and (usually) 1 significant feature that separates it from the predecessor.

rp2000

Don't try and reason with him.

Haters gonna hate :p

Soldato
I dont understand why so many are moaning at why there not buying one, simple just dont buy one.
I dont go moaning into a BMW showroom at why im not buying one because there over priced and are just the same as a kia, 4 wheels must be the same so why arent BMWs the same price as a kia.

I think its jealousy.

Soldato
You dont seem interested in the product so maybe avoid posting here as im sure most who are here ARE looking forward to the vita and are more than happy to spend their hard earned cash on it! This is the next version of the psp, they take what they had and improve on it in everyway! Duel analogs opens up a whole new tier of genre's that havent been as accessible until now! It may not be a massive revolution but its a vast improvement on its previous and its competitors imo.

The best handheld to date and this is only its launch line up! Look what the psp could churn out nearer the end

Exactly, anybody who's played a PSP will know how much difference two proper sticks will make.

Handheld gaming up to press has been a chore due to availability controls.

The Vita will be the opposite of that.

Soldato

*Deleted *

Permabanned

so this should be renamed the vita fanboy thread then?

I was originally interested in Vita until i saw the lineup was mostly rehashed PSP launch titles, its looks exactly like the PSP, it offers nothing amazing, it won't make it past shiny new toy month and after playing on one today it confirms everything I thought and was hardly amazing.

ipad and iPhone are a lot better and more useful, with new models of each this year its going to be a tough one for vita to make it into 2013

Soldato
your odd, going on how a ps vita is just like a psp, now the ipad coming this year is better, its just an ipad 2 but more expensive so clearly not worth it.

Like to see you play killzone on a tablet.

Soldato
ipad and iPhone are a lot better and more useful,

For gaming?

5275827332_0cbfeda67d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom