***** PlayStation Vita Official Thread *****

Associate
im guessing a lot of people are going to have buyers remorse in about 4 weeks :)
Why do you say this troll?

I've been looking forward to this since it was announced and I can afford it, played it in store, is excellent - can't see why I wouldn't be happy.

Done it :D

Amazon - 3G PS Vita with 8GB memory card + 1st Class Delivery £262.42

TheHut - Hori: PS Vita Elite Accessory Pack + Free Delivery £14.99

PlanetAxel - PS Vita Memory Card (32GB) Inc. Delivery $104.97 (£66)

My plan is to sell off the 8GB Card for about £20, Buy a £5 top up to receive Wipeout 2048 and stick to buying my games digitally.

I think going with Amazon is best as they will always beat any other (Play) price and I've always had good experiences with them. Decided to get 3G version for the simple reason that once Wipeout is figured into the deal it's only £25 more to own the Ultimate Vita and you never know what the future may hold for Vita & 3G!
Your plan sir, is excellent.

My current pre-order strategy is this -

Amazon - 3G PS Vita with 8GB memory card + 1st Class Delivery + Rayman - £277.42
Play - Officially Licensed PlayStation Vita Starter Kit - £17.99
Zavvi - Uncharted - £34.90
eBay (from some guy in Canada) - 32GB memory card - £69.99

Also have a pre-order to cancel/refund at Game, but this is giving me £5 off of Super Stardust Delta. Will get the Vodafone Wipeout deal - nice find whoever saw that.

Soldato
OP
Um... surely the Morrisons deal is the best (assuming you shop at Morrisons each week or want another game?)

Whats the price difference between a 4GB and 8GB?

Morrisons deal is only any good for those wanting the WiFi. If you want WiFi and Fifa it's the best deal, no question.

eBay (from some guy in Canada) - 32GB memory card - £69.99

Also have a pre-order to cancel/refund at Game, but this is giving me £5 off of Super Stardust Delta. Will get the Vodafone Wipeout deal - nice find whoever saw that.

That Vodafone deal has been announced for ages, just like everything else Sony haven't done a great deal telling anyone lol.

As for your 32gb card, if you haven't ordered already you might want to try planetaxel.com. They ship from within the UK so you'll not have any chance of customs and tax (since it's already paid). They also have a release date of the 15th (the day the Vita First Edition Bundle is out in the US/Canada) so should almost certainly be with you before the Vita is. Those 32GBs are already on sale in the US/Canada so he could have it already.

That EU Vita advert has been uploaded again. Still not available in English but you can see the similarity to the Double life PS1 campaign
http://youtu.be/JZwKIjMPQZY

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I just ordered a 32gb memory card from PlanetAxel too. I have a feeling when they officially release the 32gb memory card in the UK they'll cost around £80. So I feel I may have saved money. :D

Nice!

[ZiiP]carrot;21260695 said:
DAMMIT STOP MAKING ME SPEND MY MONEYS!!!!

:D

Resistance Burning Skies has a release date of May 30th. Also for the US Twitter, Facebook and Foursquare apps are all day 1. I'm sure the same will be true for the EU as well

Last edited:
Associate
32gb cards can be found for less than £50 in Hong Kong, the prices elsewhere will drop in time now that there are options other than Japanese imports.

I've gone for Play's PS Vita WiFi 8GB Uncharted bundle (£242.99) and the official starter pack (£17.99) all with 6% cashback.

Soldato
OP
32gb cards can be found for less than £50 in Hong Kong, the prices elsewhere will drop in time now that there are options other than Japanese imports.

The ones from planetaxel are Canadian imports I think. The price is £64.54 posted at the moment and they are not releasing until they are in NA. If they were Japanese they would be out already. There were some people paying £80-£100 for Japanese imports ><

With the 16GB having a RRP of £45 and being sold at £40, I'm fairly happy with £65.

Nice to see another order :)

EDIT: A template for anyone wanting to create their own wallpapers. Includes bubble locations.

Escape plan will be just under 1GB

Last edited:
Caporegime
Will HD collections and games like FIFA have shared trophies? (Assuming you can sign in on PSN and see your PS3 friends, right?)

Soldato
OP
Will HD collections and games like FIFA have shared trophies? (Assuming you can sign in on PSN and see your PS3 friends, right?)

I honestly don't know.

I know that the HD collections of MGS and ZOE will allow save game transferring, on that basis alone you'd have to guess at one joined trophy list.

Fifa will not have shared trophies as this version is not identical to Fifa 12 hence the no save game swapping. The next iteration due out at the usual time will almost certainly have save sharing and as a result probably trophies too.

You can sign in on PSn with your current account and still have the same friends and wallet and everything else.

Soldato
Guys let me put this straight once and for all:

Phones are primarily a phone, and everything else is second.

Vitas are primarily a games console and everything else is second.

I wish the damn retard "reviewers" would get that. I played Wipeout and Uncharted in Gamestation the other day and there's not a damn phone game that will get with 20% of the quality of these titles in the next 3 years, I'm sorry there just isn't.

Even if there was I couldn't play it well because touchscreen controls ARE CRAP.

Soldato
I think I will go with the play deal, either sell or keep rayman and then buy Fifa and uncharted separately and get the £5 deal for wipeout from voda !

8days left :D

With play deal you get the starter pack and plus 1% cashback :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Got mine from Gamestation, but only because they will give me £10 more for my 3ds than what I paid for it + I can trade in my PSP and all my games.

Associate
I like the look of the Play deal with Uncharted at £292 but, play.com dont seem to be getting good reviews about reliable shipping.

Anyone had any recent preorder experiences?

Back
Top Bottom