***** PlayStation Vita Official Thread *****

Associate
I think due to the small size of the ps vita memory card an adaptor is out of the equation unless they create an external one of some kind which would look awful.

Soldato
Has it been mentioned / confirmed that if i buy a physical copy of a vita game, can i pop it in the system and download it on to the memory stick? Just wondering as i dnt want to carry around cartridges but if i ever sell the vita down the line, downloaded games will be lost altogeather in terms of money back etc

Associate
Has it been mentioned / confirmed that if i buy a physical copy of a vita game, can i pop it in the system and download it on to the memory stick? Just wondering as i dnt want to carry around cartridges but if i ever sell the vita down the line, downloaded games will be lost altogeather in terms of money back etc
No, that isn't how it works. You buy the game for less on PSN and keep it forever or you buy a cart and carry the cart - remember that most games will probably have online passes over the next few years, reducing resale etc. Also think about your plan, how does that work with piracy? Copy the game to your memory stick and pass it on... never going to happen.

Soldato
No, that isn't how it works. You buy the game for less on PSN and keep it forever or you buy a cart and carry the cart - remember that most games will probably have online passes over the next few years, reducing resale etc. Also think about your plan, how does that work with piracy? Copy the game to your memory stick and pass it on... never going to happen.

Its not my plan lol was just wondering if there was a way but yea piracy would be an issue lol silly me!

Ill buy physical games to start with then, as if i change my mind about the vita in a month or so i can ebay it.

Online passes are just for multiplayer though as far as im aware and people can purchase them via psn if they then want to play online but yea it will effect resale prices unfortunatly!

Associate
Resistance Burning Skies has just been firmed up for 28th May, Zavvi and The Hut have this at £29.99 at present, I would pre order guys if you want this title as that price seems very generous, other retailers have released it on to their site at £38+

Soldato
OP
So if I want to go for Fifa and Uncharted (WiFi only) would the Morrisons deal still be the best? Is there a big price difference between 4GB and 8GB?

If you want those two games and the WiFi then the Morrisons deal has to be best. You'll get everything you want for £260 by putting the £25 voucher towards Uncharted.

The 4GB card is on sale at most places for £15 and the 8Gb for about £28.

The first EU commercial is now official and in English.

http://youtu.be/DGNxHa0bqCI?hd=1

Soldato
Thanks DBT85. Each thread in OCUK has a resident expert on the respective thread subject. Safe to say DBT85 is the PS Vita resident expert ;)

Ok say I want Uncharted, 8GB and the WiFi only (with preorder pack), whats the best deal going at the moment? (Amazon or Plays I take it?)
EDIT: That clip wants to make me buy the 3G version.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks DBT85. Each thread in OCUK has a resident expert on the respective thread subject. Safe to say DBT85 is the PS Vita resident expert ;)

Ok say I want Uncharted, 8GB and the WiFi only (with preorder pack), whats the best deal going at the moment? (Amazon or Plays I take it?)

Thanks very much :)

And amazon don't do the pre order pack, so Plays WiFi + Uncharted + 8Gb + Pre order pack for £243 is probably your best bet. Considering the RRP of the WiFi console is £230 on it's own I think some of the deals we've got in the UK are pretty good!

EDIT: if you also want Wipeout then the 3G version works out to just £25 more in total.

Soldato
Can I just add that anyone looking for a starter pack might want to consider the Hori Elite Accessory Pack available from TheHut for £14.99. It includes a nice case and a full face Hori screen protector as well as other bits and bobs. I've bought Hori before and it's quality gear :)

Man of Honour
Resistance Burning Skies has just been firmed up for 28th May, Zavvi and The Hut have this at £29.99 at present, I would pre order guys if you want this title as that price seems very generous, other retailers have released it on to their site at £38+

Ordered. Cheers!

Soldato
OP
So tempted to get one but I keep telling myself I felt this way about the 3DS.

Have you had a play in a shop?

thesixthaxis posted a hands on with the final version of Unit 13, due March 7th.

It’s really, really good.

But more than anything it’s clear that this is a game that’s designed for the ground up for the Vita and understands exactly how to make a game like this work for both short periods of time and extended sessions equally well. It’s bite-sized, sure, but you can quite happily spend a couple of hours with it before you’ve realised. And then somebody beats your score…

What makes a good mobile third person shooter? Ask Zipper, it looks like they’ve nailed it.

Bodes well for anyone interested.

Back
Top Bottom