Soldato
Play deal for me

Vita 3g, pre order pack, Rayman and 8gb card = £277
Uncharted or fifa 12 = £34.85
£5 wipeout deal from voda
£5 from the pre order pack for stardust which works out to be £1.49

:D

Associate
Got my Vita 3g from tesco not the best deal but did get 18% off worked out around £250
with a 16gb card and Vita Pre-order Pack.Hope i get it on the 21st

standard simcards and not micro sims

Last edited:
Associate
Why are people getting the 3G version lol. You can't play online with 3Gand you can't access the full playstation store through 3G. I thought this was well known. You need to use wifi for online gaming and downloading from the store. All you can do with 3G is pass messages to other users and browse certain parts of the store and update trophy data. Anything that uses very little bandwidth.

You may as well save the £50 and get WiFi

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/01/23/why-you-shouldnt-buy-a-3g-ps-vita

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Will the Vita use micro sim cards or normal?

Thinking of ordering one off giff gaff.

That 8gb card for £21 is a pretty sweet deal.

It uses standard sims.

I think I'll buy all my games for the Vita off PSN incase Sony pull a "We're not supporting that format anymore" again. That's why I thought a 32gb memory card would be worth it.

Realistically there is far more chance that the Vita carts will be supported in any PSVita2 in years to come. It's a small slot and it doesn't require any power unlike UMD which was huge and a power drain. I never buy anything with future formats in mind anyway so it's never been a problem.

Why are people getting the 3G version lol. You can't play online with 3Gand you can't access the full playstation store through 3G. I thought this was well known. You need to use wifi for online gaming and downloading from the store. All you can do with 3G is pass messages to other users and browse certain parts of the store and update trophy data. Anything that uses very little bandwidth.

It's £25 more once you take Wipeout into consideration, you can use 3G to browse the entire store on the Vita as far as I recall, you just can't download anything larger than 20MB in one file.

While you can't play head to head multiplayer on it you'll be able to use Near, post lap times and scores to leader boards regardless of where you are, use any of the social apps if you want to and so on. Lots of games are supporting the kind of gameplay where having that connection might be useful but not essential.

Plus it has GPS which the WiFi doesn't.

I know exactly what the differences are, as do most people who are buying it. It's £25 extra for anyone that wanted Wipeout. If I don't use 3G after the first month then fine, I've burned £25.

On the other hand, I'll have the full hardware with the maximum capability. If an app or a game comes out that particularly uses those features I'll be glad I have the option. It's not like there is a contract that I'm tied to.

I have a smartphone with a 3GB data allowance every month, but tethering drains battery like crazy and I'm not going to sit on the train whipping my phone out every 5 minutes to turn on tethering to post a new lap time or send a message or something.

I can totally understand why some people wouldn't want the 3G. But similarly I'd like people to respect my own choices too.

So with respect. Don't tell me what to spend my money on.

You'll also note that IGN did a similar article telling you why you should buy the 3G.

EDIT: also got confirmation from Vodafone today that you'll get your PSN code for Wipeout within 24 hours of topping up. In the US you have to wait 30 days!

uk3G.jpg

Also my 32GB card was posted from planetaxel. Apparently will enter the German postal service within 2-4 days. Should be here before the Vita is!

Last edited:
Soldato

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/01/23/why-you-shouldnt-buy-a-3g-ps-vita

That so? I thought the whole point of having the 3G was to play on the go surely? If true then damn thats a bit pointless I have to say.

Associate
Completely agree with DBT85. For me £25 isn't much to ask for the capability maybe if I was a school kid or something, but I'm not; I'm 29 and have a proper job.

£25 is worth it for having a browser running on an alternative network provider - Orange is patchy around central London. Being able to see what is new on the store, download a mini type game, tweet, check tfl or whatever is what I will use it for. Anyone with a wifi only tablet will attest to the value of having something and not needing it rather than needing something and not having it, so all the same ANN1H1LAT0R, sticking with my 3g pre-order.

Hell, I spent £230 on a PSP Go at launch! This is great value by comparison!!

Associate
This is the reason I went 3G instead of Wifi Vita... (from a different post i made)

So I had from my pre-order from GAME online...
Wifi Vita, Uncharted, 16GB Memory Card (EU doesnt get 32GB... wtf) for £310

Anyway I then found a different deal online which gamestop uk were doing:
3G Vita, Uncharted, 16GB Memory Card for £320. Also, topping up your 3G £5 in the UK gets you wipeout for free. Which was a must buy for me anyway. So it turned out it was cheaper for me to get the 3G one than the Wifi one! Winner! (Obviously there was a cheaper deal for a Wifi version... but I didn't mind how much I was currently paying anyway so getting a 3G version for cheaper with the 2 games and memory card is just win.)

Basically I would have paid £340 for a Wifi Vita, 2 games and 16GB mem card, but instead I'm paying £325 for the same but 3G version.

Winner in my opinion!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Need PSN games compatibility :(, really want super sonic acrobatic rocket powered battle cars, such a sensational game.

Soldato
OP
Need PSN games compatibility :(, really want super sonic acrobatic rocket powered battle cars, such a sensational game.

Don't forget those PSN games are made for PS3 hardware. Unless developers port them it won't happen. Hopefully many do though. Dead Nation on that screen :dribble:

Back
Top Bottom