PlayStation VR / VR2

Soldato
It is amazing, so much so that I'm finding it very hard to even think about playing "normal" games, no matter how good they are. All I can say is, I hope it doesn't happen to me. I have well lit room, and am about 8-10 feet away from camera/tv, not using move controller(s).

EDIT: Actually have you tried it without the move controller(s)?

EDIT: Push comes to shove, disconnect it and remove the device in settings or save file? I'd worry about it happening again though. If it happens again, I'd get a replacement.

How do you remove the device? I tried that yesterday but couldn't find anywhere to remove it. I would love to be able to remove every trace and start from the initial setup again but I cant find how to remove the device.

Soldato
Played some more today. Unfortunately it seems like games with a lot of movement don't suit me.

Drive Club knocked me for six. I've been in bed most the afternoon after 20 minutes of play.

I feel you. I can't deal with motion so close (I wear glasses too so VR would require contacts) and I can't hack even Minecraft for an extended length of time. But, if I played a racing game as normal on my monitor, or went for a similar motion experience in a car, I'd have no problem at all with motion sickness.

Soldato
I feel you. I can't deal with motion so close (I wear glasses too so VR would require contacts) and I can't hack even Minecraft for an extended length of time. But, if I played a racing game as normal on my monitor, or went for a similar motion experience in a car, I'd have no problem at all with motion sickness.

The PS VR works fine with glasses.

Soldato
OK, first major gripe; it appears that you can't use the Original Sony official wireless stereo headset with PSVR at the same time.
Looks like I'll be selling that then (the stereo headset)

Soldato
Managed to get not many tracking issues tonight. a little bit of drift to the left but it was every so slight it didn't bother me and did about 2 hours of gaming on this. I feel that the resolution is okay but for VR to be outstanding and easier on the eyes your going to need a 4k screen. Also does everyone else have a weird grain like effect on the lenses? Its not the pixels its more like a smudge of grain over the whole lenses that you can see on a black screen. I'm wondering if its just crap left over from the sticky tabs or if its just part of the screen.

On the upside the headset is really comfortable to wear and games on this are more like an experience.

Here they are was very impressive and fun and quit freaky.

Thumper, superhypercube and rez infinite were made for VR and amazing to play and rush of blood.... wow. That is seriously fun. It honestly reminds me of my experiances in the arcades as a kid playing lightgun games but you feel like your actually in the game going on a ride and its awesome.

Soldato
I put a reservation in with my local Argos on Thursday after hearing all the positive responses, surprised I was able to reserve one with a number of online places having no stock until November.

Got the email to say ready for collection/payment but not sure if I should buy it though, need the camera and move plus games so easily looking at £550 to £600 but to finally have affirdable vr at home seems like an experience I cannot miss being part of early doors.

Tech seems pretty good but appears Sony don't have the single killer game that's a must have, being an ex-EVE player and Scifi fan then Valkyrie is probably the game for me, just can't decide what to do...

Soldato
Looking at the early opinions and reviews of PS VR would it be fair to say Sony have a hit on their hands ?

I would say hell yeah, but i think some people wont buy if they only demo it for a brief time and feel ill after.

The other thing is the under 12yo is going to rule out a fair few although not to sure how serious some will take it.

Soldato
London Heist - awesome!!!

The hiding behind the desk and the uzi shootout were immense. Also, we are only in the early stages of what can be done with PSVR.

Kitchen up next!

Associate
London Heist - awesome!!!

The hiding behind the desk and the uzi shootout were immense. Also, we are only in the early stages of what can be done with PSVR.

Are you playing London Heist with the move sticks or the ps4 controller ?

Interested if people think the move controllers are a must buy for vr .

Associate
I won one last weekend with Pepsi with a PS4 and camera, I'm pretty excited to get going with it when it turns up in about a week or so. What games are people recommending?

Does anyone know the cost of Keep talking and no one explodes as I might even be able to get the gf to give that one a go! :p

Soldato
Are you playing London Heist with the move sticks or the ps4 controller ?

Interested if people think the move controllers are a must buy for vr .

Move controllers and it is awesome - i er.....'play' with weapons as part of my job and this is quite realistic. No, hollywood magazines or shoot in the general direction and targets will drop, but looking down the pistol sight is necessary for accurate aiming - not so much with the uzi!

But yes, definitely worth using the move and tbh it was seeing the game footage many many months ago that swung me into getting the set up.

Associate
Move controllers and it is awesome - i er.....'play' with weapons as part of my job and this is quite realistic. No, hollywood magazines or shoot in the general direction and targets will drop, but looking down the pistol sight is necessary for accurate aiming - not so much with the uzi!

But yes, definitely worth using the move and tbh it was seeing the game footage many many months ago that swung me into getting the set up.

Ok thanks - I'll add them to the list !

Back
Top Bottom