**** Please enable 2FA on your OcUK forum account ****

Permabanned
Edit: I’ve just seen your own edit. No bother. Whether it’s hosted with BW, me or the pope doesn’t matter. Back up your vault weekly or monthly, use a strong master password and you’re set. The offer was to less techy members, I’d imagine most of us can run a server and use GPG and AES crypt.

The standard user ain't going to do that. That's one of the problems even with a password vault. I have my server data back up twice a day automatically as well but once a month I do export my vault to a private store sitting beside me.

Soldato
Yeah that works when you are happy to keep cookies for ages. I use private browsing and clear out cookies when I close a window. Sure I could leave it open, but habits.

CookieAutoDelete and whitelist your trusted sites. It's somewhat redundant in Firefox, especially with Fission enabled, as every individual site now gets its own cookie jar. That way, no cross-site tracking from third parties is possible. Plus you have the option for container tabs and such.

G J

G J

Associate
Thanks for the replies and some great advice in this thread, the very few sites I use I have different account names and passwords its why I can remember them all. :D

I dont use 2FA as nothing I use requires it but I'll look into it as it seem its becoming more and more commmon place to require it.

I have an old phone that could be used though even with my payg phone I get messsages every now and again to it saying the number could be removed if I dont put credit on it for ages, I dont wnat to set up a phone/SIM and it get removed. :confused:

Caporegime
I just came on to the forum and OCUK had logged me out asking me to input a security code via phone app! Did someone try to access my account or was this just a security check up?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I just came on to the forum and OCUK had logged me out asking me to input a security code via phone app! Did someone try to access my account or was this just a security check up?

This is normal, every so often I will get the 2FA prompt when visiting the forum too. I just thought it was part of normal "confirmation that it is me. If it was
someone trying to get in, you'd get an email saying failed login attempt/forgot sign in process etc.

Thanks for the replies and some great advice in this thread, the very few sites I use I have different account names and passwords its why I can remember them all. :D

I dont use 2FA as nothing I use requires it but I'll look into it as it seem its becoming more and more commmon place to require it.

I have an old phone that could be used though even with my payg phone I get messsages every now and again to it saying the number could be removed if I dont put credit on it for ages, I dont wnat to set up a phone/SIM and it get removed. :confused:

That's Pay&Go for you though, most networks will remove your account if it's idle too long. You could get a £6 a month monthly SIM only contract though, maybe even cheaper than that these days.

Edit*
£5 a month with 1GB data, sorted: https://mobile.asda.com/bundles/standard?bundle=BUN5

Soldato
Just done mine - should have done it already considering I'm a security consultant tbh :p

All my more important things I've used 2fa for years though

Soldato
I just tried to do 2ga via email and my account is linked to my uni email that i havent had access to in over ten years, i did do manage to authenticate via the google app.
How can i change my email please?

Commissario
If you've got 2fA enabled it lasts for 30 days on a device if you tell it to remember you, then will ask you to enter a new code once the old one expires.

Back
Top Bottom