Plusnet Discussion Thread

Soldato
My install date is the 11th but the activation date is the 12th.... thoughts?

It'll get activated while the engineer is on site.

I'd guess that they've told you that it'll be activated BY the 12th, rather than on the 12th. Well that's roughly how my activation message was worded anyway.

I assume they use the same notification system for ADSL connections where the exact activation time isn't known.

Associate
Why is a proper customer review site so hard to find?! I've just been looking at reviewcentre.com and Plusnet are only rated 2 out of 5. There are some real horror stories on there. Just as I was starting to regret setting my heart (for lack of a less wimpy sounding description) on Plusnet, I decide to look at the ratings of some of the other bigger name ISP's. Surprise, surprise... they're all rated two stars.

Sometimes I wonder what the point of review websites are. The number of times I've read on amazon something like the following...

"Worst product EVAR!!!!"

Then at the end of the poorly written, grammar nazi heart attack inducing, mispelled word sneeze that was the review, they say something like...

"I orderered too weeks ago now and its still not here!"

*Pulls out a bit more hair.

Associate
My install date is the 11th but the activation date is the 12th.... thoughts?

Hey Pabl0 i'm also moving to plusnet same as you, got the confusing problem install date i tagged for 11th march 8 till 1pm slot, got a txt saying "Your broadband service is due to became active by midnight on 12/03/2013.
Please don't set up your router untill we confirm your service is active.
So looked on the member centre that says :-
Your broadband order should complete on 12th Mar 2013 - After 12pm. Please note that this date can sometimes change. We'll let you know if this happens.
Have they changed the install date to 12th now?

Associate
@ezhik How much usage do you need and what's the budget?

Usage is high, over 100Gb a month, happy to pay up to £35 a month for the right service.

I've chatted to friend on BT Infinity with similar use and he's happy, so I may backtrack and give them a go.

Soldato
After the news of BE selling up to Sky, I am moving, but I dont think Plusnet would be a viable option given their history of messing with unlimited packages and QoS/Shaping, shame as they do have a good deal on.

Need to look for an alternative

Associate
Soon will be on FTTC with PN, i'm thinking of getting a Asus RT-N66U anyone used this router with PN any problems?
I heard the supplied router that PN send out, as not very good wireless so replacing it, will keep the PN router as fault finding and backup.

Soldato
I was meant to have my installation yesterday but the engineer said there was some syncing issues and he would come back the next day. No biggie as I still had VM up and running.
Hes came back today as promised and checked all the wiring from socket to cabinet and sorted it within 30 mins.

Current line speed is 78Mb

What I'm getting now, will it get quicker during the next few days?
2551802205.png

I'm switching from VM as they are slow before midnight. Paying £18.50 for 30/1.5. So.. for £20, I'm getting 70/16 so very happy!

Soldato
OP
I don't blame ya Jamesbcd for leaving virgin media. FTTC is far better and I can see more peoples are leaving virgin media (because of too slow in evening, impossible to get HD in you tubes, expensive price, upload is very poor with virgin media)

I am waiting for mine to get FTTC unlimited with plusnet in spring 2014, still with plusnet ADSL2+ unlimited.

Man of Honour
Mine was advertised as 65, but I'm hitting 76-77. It took a few days to stabilise. Received an email from plusnet saying that my new line speed is now rated as 78mb. So I'm rather happy.

And I've been caning my connection for the last month with several 100s of Gbs downloaded.

Soldato
Soon will be on FTTC with PN, i'm thinking of getting a Asus RT-N66U anyone used this router with PN any problems?
I heard the supplied router that PN send out, as not very good wireless so replacing it, will keep the PN router as fault finding and backup.

I will let you know, I have ordered one and it should arrive tomorrow. Plan on sticking tomato on it.

At the moment, I'm using a dlink dir-615. Wireless doesn't reach the other side of the house so I have to use another dlink dir-615 as repeater :(

Mine was advertised as 65, but I'm hitting 76-77. It took a few days to stabilise. Received an email from plusnet saying that my new line speed is now rated as 78mb. So I'm rather happy.

And I've been caning my connection for the last month with several 100s of Gbs downloaded.

Yeh, mine was estimated at 63mb, but line speed in the members area says 78mb so was just wondering if it would go up slightly. Happy as it is though so not a problem if it stays the same. :)

Associate
I don't blame ya Jamesbcd for leaving virgin media. FTTC is far better and I can see more peoples are leaving virgin media (because of too slow in evening, impossible to get HD in you tubes, expensive price, upload is very poor with virgin media)

I am waiting for mine to get FTTC unlimited with plusnet in spring 2014, still with plusnet ADSL2+ unlimited.

2552716088.png

How are you getting such a high upload? I've only ever seen two plusnet connections and they both have a low upload of 0.4? I know my line can handle 1mb as i've been with 02 who could give me that

Soldato
OP
ConnorJoshua u had to request plusnet support ticket to get your upload uncapped. It take approx 3-5 working days for your upload to change from capped to uncapped set by your local exchange. It free of charge. Sometimes BT Openreach do it overnight straight away.

Soldato

FreeFaller: I'm looking to move provider, was considering Sky, but PlusNet is also tempting now, have you any negative points with PlusNet.

Back
Top Bottom