Plusnet Discussion Thread

nam

nam

Soldato
Best move I made was going to Communityfibre, Plusnut service was getting worse every year as I reported during my last posts here.

Soldato
Well, I'm very annoyed with plusnet, I'm on their up to 39mb for £22.99 and they've jsut jacked my price mid contract to £26.30, thats more than they are charging for new customers for up to 56mb @£24.99pcm.

Spent about an hour getting passed around on the phone, basicaly they say tough luck and I can't cancel before december without a cancellation fee of about £100.

Needless to say I will be switching provider come december.

Soldato
yeah, my policy has gone up around 3-4 pounds, not happy, but hey, what's not going up in price these days? :mad:

Yeah but they are charging new customers less for the faster package, and won't switch me to the faster package without a £100 termination fee.

Last edited:
Soldato
You are getting exactly what your contract states you are getting

And charging new customers less for almost double the speed... and they won't throw me a bone, so come december, I'm out.

its getting like car insurance where you have to shop around every year or get ripped off.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, I'm very annoyed with plusnet, I'm on their up to 39mb for £22.99 and they've jsut jacked my price mid contract to £26.30, thats more than they are charging for new customers for up to 56mb @£24.99pcm.

Spent about an hour getting passed around on the phone, basicaly they say tough luck and I can't cancel before december without a cancellation fee of about £100.

Needless to say I will be switching provider come december.
And you'll get a price rise with your new provider come April.

Soldato
Yeah but they are charging new customers less for the faster package, and won't switch me to the faster package without a £100 termination fee.

yeah, that's the way it goes I'm afraid mate.

I think it's horrendous but not much we can do about it. :(

don't even ask me about my EE account prices!!

Associate
No one is going to get the price stated on their contract (which isn't worth the paper its written on) when they signed up and then getting hit with the price rise. It is in all contracts these days.
I've never really had any issues with PN apart from 2/3 issues which were sorted straight away. I did go on their "extra" package for abit which was upto 75mb but only got 54mb for like 2 weeks so told them I want to go back to the normal package and save the money which they did within a few days.

Associate
Aquiss are excellent regarding technical support and presales queries, I'm with them for gigabit FTTP. Sadly only the Openreach-based packages so not symmetric in my area, but that's all I can get. They're a longtime Entanet reseller (now Cityfibre).

Slightly off topic - how do you find Aquiss? Thinking of switching to them (1Gb)

Associate
Is the router from PN for FTTP any good? or better to buy something else? I have a Billion 8800nl

Also anyone moved to VOIP get free calls? Currently I get free PN to PN calls in the evening

Soldato
I've been with plusnet for about 18 years now and never had a problem, got FTTP fibre 500 being installed next week and was hoping to continue to use my Archr VR200 but wasn't sure if it would be up to throughputting the increased speed? IS it up to the job?

Soldato
I've been with plusnet for about 18 years now and never had a problem, got FTTP fibre 500 being installed next week and was hoping to continue to use my Archr VR200 but wasn't sure if it would be up to throughputting the increased speed? IS it up to the job?
433Mbps at 5GHz, 300Mbps at 2.4GHz

And that's maximum best case scenario.

Wired is gigabit so that's fine.

Back
Top Bottom