Plusnet Discussion Thread

Soldato
I take it that if we sign up to an 18 month contract that we will getthe service for at least 18 months (if you decide it's not working out and withdraw the service)?
You can't just put a limit on it (say 250GB) after 3 months after we've signed up to an 18 month contract can you?
If yyou change the service the contract effectively becomes void and we can leave/change without incurign any additional cost?

Associate
Any reason of why it won't re-consider to your area ?

BDUK funding might be able to assist with the cabinet upgrade. See if the local council has a broadband strategy, it might be worth getting in touch with them.

I'm near the centre of Manchester, so I suspect i won't get BDUK funding. BT don't deem the cabinrt to have enough customers on it..although it's serving a new development so that situation might change.. I hope!

At least for now I get a steady 11Mbit down, so it's alright for the most part :)

Associate
Our exchange is Fibre enabled but the cabinet isn't. How do I find out if it is on the list to be done?

You can't easily. If you private message me your phone number then I /might/ be able to locate some info for you.

I take it that if we sign up to an 18 month contract that we will getthe service for at least 18 months (if you decide it's not working out and withdraw the service)?

If you leave prior to the end of the 18 month term then you will pay cancellation charges as per the info in our T's & C's. If we're unable to provide the service then we wouldn't expect you to pay for it.

You can't just put a limit on it (say 250GB) after 3 months after we've signed up to an 18 month contract can you?

Not without sufficient notice during which time you'd be able to break out of your contract due to it being a detrimental change. Can't see us doing this any way. The product that preceded Unlimited had a 250GB allowance.

If yyou change the service the contract effectively becomes void and we can leave/change without incurign any additional cost?

Yes, as above.

Best regards,

Associate
In the process of switching from Infinity to Plusnet at moment and despite some odd update emails:
Unfortunately your fibre order was rejected by our suppliers.

Your fibre order has now been placed and I have provisionally booked the appointment for 17/01/2013 between 8AM and 1PM.
It seemed to be going ok until this morning.
Recieved an sms on 11 Jan to confirm engineer visit on 17 Jan.
Then an sms on 15 jan to say my connection would be live at midnight 18 Jan (Is that 0.00 on the 18th or 0.00 on the 19th?) I presume no Engineer vist required as I already have Infinity.
New router arrived day before yesterday (awful looking thing, will have to be replaced).
Yesterday an SMS to to say my connection would be live at midnight 24 Jan. This morning got a call from the wife to tell me our internet connection is dead. Spoke to Plusnet CS & was told there may be a lag between disconnection & connection to Plusnet... better not be 8 days:rolleyes:

Associate
Hmmm, doesn't sound right to me :(

Have you got a recent support ticket reference so I can take a look (should be in the email about the provisional engineering appointment you received).

Best regards,

Associate
Hey bob.

I am considering getting a Plusnet UNLIMITED FIBRE.

I am currently with BE and I pay the bill (Only Internet Connection) using my debit card and my parents pay BT landline bill using their card as well.

Is it possible to do the same on Plusnet?

I do not need call package.

Last edited:
Associate
Bob,

If I raise a ticket on the portal, would I be able to find out information on my cabinet to see if its being upgraded to fibre?

The road opposite us is on a different cabinet and has fibre :(

Thanks.

Associate
Hmmm, doesn't sound right to me :(

Have you got a recent support ticket reference so I can take a look (should be in the email about the provisional engineering appointment you received).

Best regards,

It's sorted now, on plusnet :D

Spoke to BT after posting and they said it looked like a fault on my line. I was dubious given the various Plusnet SMS's so after 9.30 rang Plusnet and girl (Lynn) I spoke to apologized for the confusion & told me it looked like the switch occured a little early. While speaking to her I recieved an automated email to expect an engineer before 1pm today :rolleyes:

Rang my wife who very quickly had the plusnet kit up and running (amazing how she's very techy when seperated from facebook). Had her do a quick speedtest & it came back at 72Mbit down & 15 up i think... :) She's got an issue with not being able to connect on wifi at the moment but she'll survive until I get home.

The original ticket was 64254919 but, just had a look at the help assistant page which now lists loads of closed tickets/service notices over the past 14 days!

Look like my phone is due to switch on 31 Jan so curious if I'll recieve a similar set of confusing messages :D

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
I am currently with BE and I pay the bill (Only Internet Connection) using my debit card and my parents pay BT landline bill using their card as well.

Is it possible to do the same on Plusnet?

I do not need call package.

It will be possible.

Associate
Here's my initial speedtest on Plusnet Fibre Unlimited. Almost double my BT Infinity speeds although doubt I'll ever really notice!
2443389842.png

Soldato
Can you use your own router with Plusnet Fibre?

Thanks

AFAIK is the usual situation where you can use your own router but they wont support it.

My new connection should be installed on Monday. Their router arrived this morning and will be of no use to me at all. It isn't even heavy enough to use as a doorstop.

Back
Top Bottom