Plusnet Discussion Thread

Soldato
OP
I know.......I've replaced the rather basic Technicolour router today with a Netgear WNDR3700v4 - much much better.

Yes indeed - Netgear is lots better as I think Plusnet should provided us free netgear as I use my Netgear NGND3700 N600 and it pretty very good wireless and it support ADSL/ADSL2/ADSL2+/Cable/FTTC

Associate
Yes indeed - Netgear is lots better as I think Plusnet should provided us free netgear as I use my Netgear NGND3700 N600 and it pretty very good wireless and it support ADSL/ADSL2/ADSL2+/Cable/FTTC

I wouldn't expect them to provide a £100+ router FOC but an upgrade to it could be useful at the ordering stage.

I guess the standard one is good for them as it makes fault-finding easy.

Man of Honour
When I signed up for my installation I had missed the 6 month 1/2 price offer - I asked the sales person if I could have it anyway, and they said yes.

That's what I call good incentive for new customers. :cool:

Associate
Hi all just had this installed
2517383507.png

I am using homeplugs
Plusnet website says iam on 78mb.
Is this speed test correct for 200mbps Homeplugs.

Associate
I don't think installing Ethernet is possible, that's why i have got some TPlink 500Mbps on order.
I hope theses will make a difference, are you using 200mb homeplugs?

Associate

We used to ship WNR1000v3's with FTTC installs during the early trials. Personally I found the performance between that and the 582n to be roughly comparable.

I don't think installing Ethernet is possible, that's why i have got some TPlink 500Mbps on order.
I hope theses will make a difference, are you using 200mb homeplugs?

I have some 200Mbps TPLink Powerline adapters that /just/ allow me the full ~78Mbps. My property's a recently new build though so I'd definitely recommend 500Mbps variants give the choice.

Best regards,

Soldato
Looking at all thequestionnaires and things from the house I'm buying, it looks like they only have virgin for phone line at the moment, will this complicate matters at all if I were to go for unlimited fibre and phone??

Back
Top Bottom