Pokemon GO! (2016)

Soldato
saw this on reddit, going out to delivery drivers in the US :D

7b5d800c38954c66a56413566c6d61b7_zpsjvmntol9.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
If you stopped complaining and paid attention you'd realise that when you use your normal attack, you build energy which then allows you to use a special attack. And let's be honest, there was never a tonne of skill involved in the game boy version anyway, you use your strongest attack (or most super effective) until the other guy died or you ran out of PP.

Not true. The games were very very tactical

Soldato
I am quite lucky cause I live in the middle of a forest. But the forest is full of artwork which are points of interest on google maps and therefore pokestops and gyms in GO. Plus there is very little competition for my gyms due to lack of people and signal. Basically free points.

Love the game though.

However I did have to admit to my mum that I hadn't walked the dog cause the servers were down. She was very confused.

Associate
I am quite lucky cause I live in the middle of a forest. But the forest is full of artwork which are points of interest on google maps and therefore pokestops and gyms in GO. Plus there is very little competition for my gyms due to lack of people and signal. Basically free points.

Love the game though.

However I did have to admit to my mum that I hadn't walked the dog cause the servers were down. She was very confused.

HAHAHA throw a pokeball at your dog

Caporegime
Not true. The games were very very tactical

Exactly. Learning which attacks did and didn't work against different types of Pokemon, swapping between them to get the best attacks, using poinson/sleep/etc to buy you a few free moves, reviving at key times.

If you just spammed your best attack from your first Pokemon then you probably didnt get far in the GameBoy games.

Caporegime
Cool, I am on the cusp of trainer level 11, and I have 15 evolutions banked and ready for action.

Couple that with a lucky egg, and those evolutions will net me 15k XP and take me straight to level 12 and some Great Balls :D

I also own a gym that pretty no-one is ever going to claim back, as it is inside a paid-entry museum in the middle of nowhere :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Chinatown? Oh boy I work there as well :p. Loaded up the game while I was in the office and noticed the same as well! Except it was mostly rattatas, drowsees and pidgeys that popped up for me.

http://i.imgur.com/rCnEYjEl.png

Yeah its pretty good, Getting dupes is good I've got a nice Hpyno now.

Also not sure if it has been posted, when you throw the pokeball try and curve it, it will give extra EXP.

Caporegime
Lol, this is pretty darn addictive.

I want to wonder around town to all the stops. :D

I suspect people will look at me like WTF is he doing, but then again maybe they will know as it seems to be getting a lot of attention.

Permabanned
At the start of the game you get a choice of starter pokemon - charmander, bulba and squartle .. if you don't choose any of the 3 and "run" and come back.. pikachu will appear and you can have him as a starter :)

Caporegime
Yeah its pretty good, Getting dupes is good I've got a nice Hpyno now.

Also not sure if it has been posted, when you throw the pokeball try and curve it, it will give extra EXP.

http://www.serebii.net/pokemongo/trainer.shtml

Capture Bonuses:
-Nice 10XP
-Great 50XP
-Excellent 100XP
-Curveball 10XP

So when the green/yellow/red circle starts shrinking, landing your pokeball within that circle will grant you the nice/great/excellent bonus relative to the size of the circle when you hit. So hitting within the circle when it is tiny will get you an excellent.

Associate
I'm guessing being in London is good for this type of game? I can imagine there being a lot of activity in a city like this even though it's not official out yet in the UK.

Back
Top Bottom