Police hunt suspect after wife and two daughters of BBC commentator killed

Suspended
Jesus wept, that's horrific. I can't even begin to imagine what a suitable punishment would be for such a horrendous act :(

RIP to the deceased, I strongly suspect that the dad will never recover from this.

Soldato
'Home Secretary Yvette Cooper will "swiftly consider" whether a further tightening of controls on crossbows should be introduced, the Home Office has announced.

A spokesperson said Ms Cooper was being kept updated by police following the "appalling incident" in Bushey.

"We keep legislation under constant review and a call for evidence was launched earlier this year to look at whether further controls on crossbows should be introduced," they said.

"The Home Secretary will swiftly consider the findings to see if laws need to be tightened further."

Police said earlier that the deaths of the three women was believed to have involved a crossbow, but that "other weapons" may also have been used...'
This would be a bit silly. This very much sounds like a crime where the availability of crossbows wouldn't have made any difference.

Soldato
This would be a bit silly. This very much sounds like a crime where the availability of crossbows wouldn't have made any difference.

Yea exactly.

You literally cannot ban everything that could potentially be used to kill someone, it's getting ridiculous.

You can't buy replacement blades for a Stanley knife on eBay, you used to a few years ago, but not anymore.

Soldato
I dont wish to be rude, but do the police actually respond to these and turn around time is reasonable/acceptable?

Not rude at all, I have no idea.

I personally think that if you are even thinking of putting one in for someone you loves partner, then it’s already crossed the line of dealing with it yourself, and I’m privileged enough to be able to do that without needing the police.

Hell, even if you did have out and out evidence someone you loved new parter was a repeat domestic abuser or stalker, are they going to listen to you if there are already concerns they are ignoring?

Best just to make them go away yourself.

Caporegime
Yea exactly.

You literally cannot ban everything that could potentially be used to kill someone, it's getting ridiculous.

You can't buy replacement blades for a Stanley knife on eBay, you used to a few years ago, but not anymore.

Yeah but a crossbow isn't really far off a gun.
Killing from range? Yeah I'd be OK with banning that except at licenced premises

Soldato
BBC coverage clsoed :/
"The police statement also made the point that theHunt family felt great upset that their relatives were named by the mediabefore they had been formally identified" :'(

Last edited:
Associate
Hell, even if you did have out and out evidence someone you loved new parter was a repeat domestic abuser or stalker, are they going to listen to you if there are already concerns they are ignoring?
That's the problem of these laws, tries to protect the family but doesn't protect naivety.
ot rude at all, I have no idea.
Mainly just wondered if its a good turn around time or if there is difficulty with access/response based on how quickly some of these events occur.

I personally think that if you are even thinking of putting one in for someone you loves partner, then it’s already crossed the line of dealing with it yourself, and I’m privileged enough to be able to do that without needing the police.
Do agree.
Although clearly there is some times for escalation.

I imagine a fair bit of information will come out shortly and the opportunity to escalate has been missed for these unfortunate souls. Maybe they have been let down by other services, we'll find out sooner or later.

Soldato
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom