Police hunt suspect after wife and two daughters of BBC commentator killed

Soldato
There as been at least 2 crossbow murders recently, plus a couple in Europe. It seems to be a loophole to easily get one.

What a loser this guy is, Kyle Clifford. What an embarrassment to his parents. This is the type of insecure degenerate they raised.

RIP to the 3 women, and I feel bad for the husband/father. His whole life as been ruined by this little mug.

I hope the loser gets a welcome in prison.

Associate
This is so sad for the family. I do not know these people yet this has angered me greatly.

I really do not know what a fitting punishment would be for scum like this, but when I read about this it does make me consider whether we should have a death penalty.

Soldato
Not even this makes me rethink my position on the death penalty. Suppose it turns out down the line that he was framed? You can’t apologise to someone who is dead.

Soldato
Saw a short clip of the press chasing the police/paramedics towards where he was captured, no ethics whatsoever. Such an unbelievable loss to the family.

A ban on crossbows wouldn’t necessarily have stopped him but I’d fully support making it harder to get one. What possible reason would anyone need an unlicensed crossbow?

Hope he burns.

Soldato
Aside from target shooting, crossbows are used for shooting lines - over houses, across rivers, etc. Then there’s historical re-enactment. Then there’s their use in taking samples from larger animals like whales. And so on. Abroad they’re used in hunting - banned here.

Caporegime
This is just ridiculous talking about 'tougher crossbow laws'. He could have stabbed them to death, or used a drill etc.

Anyway.. what a pathetic man. God rest these people as this is horrific :(

But it's mentally easier to kill someone/something from distance

Caporegime
Apparently, this is the brother of the suspect
sounds like he was still 13 years old mentally
The incident began when Clifford got into a row with one of Mr Khan's friends in a dispute over his girlfriend.

The two men agreed to go to a car park for a fist fight, but as Clifford loitered in his Mustang his rival instead drove away from the scene.

This is just ridiculous talking about 'tougher crossbow laws'. He could have stabbed them to death, or used a drill etc.
or strangled them with a shoe lace, quick ban all show laces

Last edited:
Soldato
less than 10 crossbow murders in the UK between 2011 and 2021, so an incredibly unpopular weapon considering any moron over 18 can buy one

he may have had secondary weapons and the crossbow was just one part of the kit he took

i hope he lands on the wrong wing in Prison to put it politely

Soldato
Framed? Really?

How does he, assuming that he's proven guilty, apologise to the 3 women he murdered?

There have been innocent men put to death by the state with zero consequences to the killers of said innocent men who claimed they were guilty, be it via negligence or cover up, that enough is to put me off the death penalty.

Just look at the shambles that is Hillsborough or The Post Office convictions. The state cannot be trusted with murder as punishment, even if it means those surely deserving of death done die, but instead have to rot away in prison for ever.

Associate
There have been innocent men put to death by the state with zero consequences to the killers of said innocent men who claimed they were guilty, be it via negligence or cover up, that enough is to put me off the death penalty.

Just look at the shambles that is Hillsborough or The Post Office convictions. The state cannot be trusted with murder as punishment, even if it means those surely deserving of death done die, but instead have to rot away in prison for ever.

I respect and understand your opinion, although I do not necessarily agree with it. How would you feel if it was your wife and kids?

It was simply the comment about not being able to apologise to someone who is dead that, quite frankly, got my goat.

Soldato
When a guy is in a frame of mind to kidnap and tie up three women before killing them I don't consider the weapon of choice to be a major issue.

It could have been a corkscrew in a power drill. Or a butter knife roughly sharpened on a brick. What's a tied up person gonna do about it.

Could speculate on how sadistic he was being but the real harm is already done by getting hands on and incapacitating his victims.

Soldato
I respect and understand your opinion, although I do not necessarily agree with it. How would you feel if it was your wife and kids?

It was simply the comment about not being able to apologise to someone who is dead that, quite frankly, got my goat.
I didn't even see that comment to be fair.

Yes I would want them put to death, I would probably want it to be cruel and unusual, which is why its a good idea that fathers and husbands of murder victims don't have legal rights in that manner. The law is not based on pure emotion. If I can't justify the death sentence politically, economically, socially, legally or morally, being personally really mad is not a good justification for a turn around.

Soldato

This was a reference to a real incident where a man was falsely convicted and executed and the the town did try to apologise - but he was now dead. It features in The Law’s Strangest Cases.

Soldato
Well it appears that he's a wrong un and would've found another means to kill if he didn't have the crossbow, but I think crossbows should be banned.

Objects which can be misused to kill, such as a kitchen knife or a brick, are objects that we need for daily life, but we can live without objects specifically designed to kill.

The same goes for swords and zombie knives IMO. I reckon that the people who buy them fantasise while waving them around in their living room, building up a yearning to use the weapon as intended.

Then, when they have a rocky patch, they carry out their fantasy on some poor person/people.

I think it's sensible to ban all weapons designed to kill.

It won't completely stop the nutters going on a rampage, but it'll make it more difficult and hopefully deter some of them.

Soldato

How you would feel if it was your own wife and kids who were killed is irrelevant we don’t let the victims of crime decide the punishment.

I’m glad we live in a country that has moved on from the death penalty, there is no evidence it works to reduce crime and the risk of mistakes is too high

Back
Top Bottom