Political Correctness Gone Mad Again

Soldato
Is it just getting to the point where men feel like they need to protest to show how masculine and heterosexual they are to their peers?

I think its partially attributable to the modern popular tendency to pathologise a lot of more typical male behaviour in a way we don't see so much with typical female behaviour.

'toxic masculinity'.

Personally I don't think that I like to look at attractive youthful women because I am party to some societally constructed entity which either by design or side effect serves to oppress women.

I don't think its a need to protest to affirm how apparently super heterosexual and masculine I am more an argument against what I believe is essentially a bad insidious idea that does not fit the evidence.

Last edited:
Soldato
Compare his views on F1 and darts 'girls' with his none to thinly disguised enthusiasm for classical Greek celebration of the (rather youthful) male form....

Indeed, he remember him making some pretty disturbing remarks in QI at points, giving off a pretty heavy Kevin Spacy vibe

Soldato
Associate
I feel sorry for them.

One of the darts girls was doing an interview on the radio and said Barry Hearn has been a great boss and treated her with utmost respect, as did the crowd at the events. She didn't have a bad word to say about it and said she has since received abuse from feminists as she tried to defend her position.
That's what communists do though. They destroy the exceptional people. The intelligent, the strong and the beautiful. Once all these people are gone we won't need any more mass murder and we can all live in a communist utopia of the mediocre.

Soldato
The tennis advert is gash. Is it just cashing in on that pervy tennis bum picture from the 70s.

Of all the crap in this thread the cake advert is naff.

Pervy tennis picture from the 70s???? It just so happens that is one of the most successful and well known posters of all time. Really, modern 21st century emasculated man needs to take a long hard look at himself.

Soldato
Gambling firms defy calls to stamp out sexist behaviour at event

https://www.theguardian.com/society...ing-conference-fails-to-crack-down-on-sexism?

One woman at another stand, who said she had been hired as a hostess on a daily rate of £100, said, “Somebody asked me yesterday how much I would charge”, indicating that the request referred to sex.

She said the event was the “closest thing to the Presidents Club dinner” that she had worked at – a reference to the now-defunct men-only event attended by politicians, businessmen and celebrities, at which hostesses were allegedly groped and propositioned.

Asked what her job was at the gaming conference, she replied: “Just stand there.

Where do you start with this? I think some of these companies are on a blatant PR campaign. As for the women who are paid to stand in a bikini and be propositioned for sex, why do they keep going back via numerous employers... And then complain about how demeaning it all is?

Soldato
That's what communists do though. They destroy the exceptional people. The intelligent, the strong and the beautiful. Once all these people are gone we won't need any more mass murder and we can all live in a communist utopia of the mediocre.

You do talk some nonsense! :D it is funny, but would become slightly worrying if you actually believed what you were saying

Back
Top Bottom