• Labour

• Lib Dem

• UKIP

• Other (please state)

• I won't be voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what to vote. I'm in a historically safe Lab seat but don't really want to vote for them as the current MP is someone I disagree with on nearly every issue. On the other hand I don't want to split the vote and give someone like UKIP a look in.

It's going to be a tactical Conservative vote from me I think. It always goes worse when you change the team in the middle of a project. Also I don't think any of the others are anywhere near organised enough to handle brexit at the moment.

Interestingly a few Scots I know are going Tory as well, just to try and stop the SNP.

As it stands, I would not be opposed to a lib / con coalition again, if that means we can have a more balanced Brexit. The issue is I don't see there being any agreement for that to happen, and would the lib dems really get into bed with the tory party again?

Unlike labour and it's brilliant PFI scheme thats costing the nhs billions a year for the next few decades?

*ahem*

Wiki said:
In 1992 PFI was implemented for the first time in the UK by the Conservative government of John Major.

Sure Labour carried it on, just like the Tories did after Labour lost, but let's get the facts right on whose scheme it was

It's going to be a tactical Conservative vote from me I think. It always goes worse when you change the team in the middle of a project. Also I don't think any of the others are anywhere near organised enough to handle brexit at the moment.

Interestingly a few Scots I know are going Tory as well, just to try and stop the SNP.

Anecdotes are stale.

would the lib dems really get into bed with the tory party again?
I think they would, because the thing that put them in power in 2010 was young voters hoping they would fight for them, the thing that saw them decimated in 2015 was young voters who felt betrayed by them, and the thing that will see them resurge in 2017 will be young voters who have now see what a Tory majority government looks like and realised they were fighting for them.

The NHS is such a complex beast, there is no silver bullet or magic fix. And it's not just a case of relentlessly ploughing more money in with no new plan. Labour have done this for years and then pat themselves on the back even though it doesn't fix the problem.

The problem around cost is that NHS isn't run like a business, by people who know how to run a business (and I don't believe privatization is necessary the answer here). One of the main issues is no-one is ever held to account for issues that could be solved; million pound software/databases that don't work/aren't delivered on time, staff given no training and then expected to be IT first and 2nd line. The list goes on.

I think it's our political system that is part of the issue - more politicians criticizing the current plans/methods, then trying to fix the actual problem. I can sit all day and tell someone they are doing it wrong, but helping to come up with a better solution, now that's putting your money where your mouth is.

I just saw this on Twitter so can't validate it, but if accurate it's quite telling of those who chose not to do anything but moan.

33309594543_f09dae6652_b.jpg

I agree and a quick google suggests that they think the increase is only 4.5Bn

So thats still an increase and not a cut

You can still get more money and it still be a cut.

EG: You get a 1% payrise but inflation is running at 2% - that's a real world pay cut

You fund schools and extra £2Bn, but with increased pupil numbers that's still less funding per pupil than previously - so still a budget cut.

So when the Govt says they are giving something more money, it's not always as straight forward as it might seem

A number of Labour MP's are allegedly going to vote against this tomorrow. I'm not sure what I think of that really although I have no doubt that their motives are nothing other than self preservation.

Did they moan though? how do you know?

Yea, most of the people I know who don't vote....don't talk about politics either, they just don't care

I had someone ask me to explain what this announcement meant today (ie: explain the General election) as they 'don't do politics' *facepalm*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom