• Labour

• Lib Dem

• UKIP

• Other (please state)

• I won't be voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity would anyone want a labour / lib dem coalition, if combined they had a big majority? The spine tingles... or is that a shudder....

Nope

IS the NHS actually getting less money though?? I thought demand had increased dramatically rather than anyone actually cutting its budget. I'm guessing with stats you can make a case either way

I really hope you are wrong but sadly I suspect you aren't - likewise it isn't really going to hit me personally but I know many people it will hurt and sadly they are often the ones that voted for it :s

good, they got their cake, and now they can eat it. I will be there to watch them choke, gag and eventually draw their last breath as their cake poisons them to death.

But the NHS is getting more money every year not less.

it does however no have to make huge payouts on debt interst and repayments etc.

It gets more money but wastes more due to mismanagement. As a public service, the government should enforce strict guidelines to all nhs hospitals and not let them do what they want, how they want, when they want, with whatever they like. Nobody seems to be interested in addressing that problem though.

I'm not normally inclined to stick up for labour on this, but the 2008 financial crisis does not constitute a mess created solely by labour. That is a media spun narrative that the tory party has created to convince voters they wrecked the whole economy and caused the whole situation where we are now. Yet, if we are going to speak of past failures, then the last 6 years of Tory government have hardly been a shining beacon either. Neither side have been exactly perfect.

Where Labour fell down was the lack of any oversight on what the banks were doing, I’m pretty sure Brown had a good idea of what was going on in the sector but didn’t want to risk upsetting the cash cow. If the government would have just taken a closer look at RBS’s purchase of ABN this could have lessened the financial blow considerably. Also the refusal to make any sort of spending cuts in period between 2008 and 2010 was a political decision not an economic one which meant our debt to GBP ratio was made worse.

It gets more money but wastes more due to mismanagement. As a public service, the government should enforce strict guidelines to all nhs hospitals and not let them do what they want, how they want, when they want, with whatever they like. Nobody seems to be interested in addressing that problem though.

nit to mention diabetes.

and patients not following treatment plan and continuing to eat a terrible diet.

RE: NHS spending

Actually I think the government's commitment to a particular figure of spending per year is no different to the fudging of figures in the books to show their commitment to spend 2% GDP on Defence, which turned out to be spent on defence pensions instead rather than on actual defence...

Edit: correction 2% GDP

Governments are just a mirror of reality.
It's a complete cluster ****. People winging it everyday with almost no real experience.
It's just a gamble like pretty much everything in modern life.

I'd rather have Google running a unified earth collective.

nit to mention diabetes.

and patients not following treatment plan and continuing to eat a terrible diet.

You know, you would expect the NHS to have its own national research unit, to promote recommended, tried and tested clinical (or non clinical) software, but there's not, it's literally 1 will have a software for their dictation, and another will have 2 or 3 completely different dictation services, and switching software is as constructive as "well we used this in my last hospital"... and then there's £40,000 signed off to move from a piece of software that would only cost £3000 to make better. I have a meeting in the next couple of days to tell senior management why they can't use a piece of software - and not one of the project team has thought of using a risk register or issue log, that's despite us finding critical security flaws in the software.

And that's just their dictation.

There are so many ways the NHS can improve, and if it's not the governments responsibility, then it's definitely the top of the NHS at fault and right now I have no sympathy for either.

My worry is that a lot of voters will "tactically vote" rather than vote for who they really want in power, based on the history of their constituency. Here (southampton Itchen), we currently have Royston Smith (Cons), the first Conservative MP elected here at a General Election since before 1997 (it has been a Labour stronghold). The LimDems took a hammering here in 2015, partially due to UKIP gains, so I might end up voting Labour even though I'd like to vote LibDems.

All I definitely know is, I will not be voting Conservative this time.

You know, you would expect the NHS to have its own national research unit, to promote recommended, tried and tested clinical (or non clinical) software, but there's not, it's literally 1 will have a software for their dictation, and another will have 2 or 3 completely different dictation services, and switching software is as constructive as "well we used this in my last hospital"... and then there's £40,000 signed off to move from a piece of software that would only cost £3000 to make better. I have a meeting in the next couple of days to tell senior management why they can't use a piece of software - and not one of the project team has thought of using a risk register or issue log, that's despite us finding critical security flaws in the software.

And that's just their dictation.

There are so many ways the NHS can improve, and if it's not the governments responsibility, then it's definitely the top of the NHS at fault and right now I have no sympathy for either.

thats truely painful to read. and yes youd think everything would be unified and ordered ~En masse

for fun though in our work all problems with the aircraft wings are hand written i na big folder...with no order.

"here 200 pages of issues with 10 issues per page....good luck finding what you're meant o fix

My worry is that a lot of voters will "tactically vote" rather than vote for who they really want in power, based on the history of their constituency. Here (southampton Itchen), we currently have Royston Smith (Cons), the first Conservative MP elected here at a General Election since before 1997 (it has been a Labour stronghold). The LimDems took a hammering here in 2015, partially due to UKIP gains, so I might end up voting Labour even though I'd like to vote LibDems.

All I definitely know is, I will not be voting Conservative this time.
Same constituency, will vote Lib Dem. They may have finished 5th in 2015 but they'll never get anywhere if everyone thinks like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom