• Labour

• Lib Dem

• UKIP

• Other (please state)

• I won't be voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And frankly those non-voters would likely not change anything in reality, perhaps a few percentage points change here and there, but the picture should be the same.

I think they would, because the thing that put them in power in 2010 was young voters hoping they would fight for them, the thing that saw them decimated in 2015 was young voters who felt betrayed by them, and the thing that will see them resurge in 2017 will be young voters who have now see what a Tory majority government looks like and realised they were fighting for them.

Don't give us youngsters that much credit. We aren't that smart. We are just a fickle bunch. Lib Dems promised to help students so students voted for them. It all went pear shaped students hated them.

Fast forward to now, Lib Dems will promise to stop Brexit, the youngsters will put aside their disdain for them just for a small chance of getting what they want... (But didn't want it enough to bother going out and voting the first time round).

Tories will get my vote. As usual.

I just saw this on Twitter so can't validate it, but if accurate it's quite telling of those who chose not to do anything but moan.

It would be interesting if there was a real option (not just spoilt ballot) for voting not-voting (that actually had some kind of consequence) to separate those apathetic from those that didn't vote for other reasons.

I think this is a clever move on Theresa May's part. I feel she is mostly doing the right things and I admire her for how she handled Scotland and Sturgeon. I really don't think she has anything to lose - if anything, this will put labour in their place.

The people who voted for Brexit and now regretting it how do you think they will vote now?

This may just backfire on Mrs May and maybe thats what she is hoping for.

Give the responsibility for Brexit to someone else.

A number of Labour MP's are allegedly going to vote against this tomorrow. I'm not sure what I think of that really although I have no doubt that their motives are nothing other than self preservation.
LOL. Sums up the current state of politics.They just know they are going to lose their place at the trough.

The people who voted for Brexit and now regretting it how do you think they will vote now?

Could do, can't see it happening, it would need something pretty special from any of the other parties to get ahead, early days of course.

I just saw this on Twitter so can't validate it, but if accurate it's quite telling of those who chose not to do anything but moan.

33309594543_f09dae6652_b.jpg
I agree with Freakbro - not sure how your comment follows from the image you've posted.

But yep - huge swings to be gained from convincing apathetic non-voters to vote.

I don't think many people regret their voting choices tbh.

I think this is a clever move on Theresa May's part. I feel she is mostly doing the right things and I admire her for how she handled Scotland and Sturgeon. I really don't think she has anything to lose - if anything, this will put labour in their place.

Totally agree, I actually think she has some integrity as leader, which is very lucky as there is no one else good enough.

Also if you want any goverment standing up for Britain its the Conservatives. Not anyone else.

con for protecting the economy?
what, they want a hard brexit and if that happens the economy will be down the pan and this election will almost certainly give them a big enough majority to go that route.
Con were campaigning for Remain. They are simply delivering what the majority of voters asked them to do. It's pointless for people to argue otherwise. If they feel strongly then vote LD in the upcoming election to try to overturn it.

I agree with Freakbro - not sure how your comment follows from the image you've posted.

But yep - huge swings to be gained from convincing apathetic non-voters to vote.

Let me help...

If you moan after an election about your inability to impact change without exercising your vote then you need to look in a mirror. I am not suggesting this applies to all who do not vote as many care not one toss.

Why can't we all just get on with our lives instead of wasting time with brexit, general elections and a bunch of other **** that won't make a difference. Instead of having to re-write half of our laws and spend weeks campaigning a bunch of lies (applicable for both brexit and general elections) why can't they spend their time doing useful things like figuring out how to afford fixing our roads and not having to wait 7 hours in A & E.

Even I can fix that, start charging the people who go to A&E that don't actually need that service.

But yea this is a waste of money..... IT COULD BE SPENT ON THE NHS HUUUUUUUUUR COS DATS HOW YOU FIX FINGS INIT FROW MONEY AT IT.

Con were campaigning for Remain. They are simply delivering what the majority of voters asked them to do. It's pointless for people to argue otherwise. If they feel strongly then vote LD in the upcoming election to try to overturn it.
cons where split and its a very different cabinet, they are going for a hard brexit which is not what anyone voted for as that wasn't on the ballot. it is also the opposite of what 48% wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom