• Labour

• Lib Dem

• UKIP

• Other (please state)

• I won't be voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No way. You reckon all the SNP voters will switch to a mainstream party? Not a chance. Not to mention that labour and Lib dems still have staunch supporters who will vote for them whatever. It's folly to think that simply saying we will cancel brexit will result in 48% of the electorate voting for you. What's more, the other 52% will probably vote Tory.

The SNP is really Labour in disguise. Nicola is very left wing when you listen to her. She hates the Tories with such a passion. Still cannot get over how much the SNP has dominated Scotland and every god damn year all they can talk about is bloody independance.

As people have said Brexit is going to happen in what ever firm or mushy form it is what I find worrying is that the Conservatives are going to relate everything back to Brexit it's all people will see. The older people who voted leave will they see past the Brexit plan & deal? Will they look at what is happening to social care in particular under the current government, something that will directly effect them? I worry they won't and people will see Brexit as they only thing that matters current and over the next few years.

No way. You reckon all the SNP voters will switch to a mainstream party?
Well in fairness that wouldn't matter as both Scotland and the SNP are anti-Brexit, so if say the Lib dems beat the Torys in England (hypothetically) by running on an anti-Brexit ticket then they could rely on SNP support for a parliamentary vote on cancelling Brexit.

The SNP is really Labour in disguise. Nicola is very left wing when you listen to her. She hates the Tories with such a passion. Still cannot get over how much the SNP has dominated Scotland and every god damn year all they can talk about is bloody independence.

That's the thing: Corbyn was elected in part to fix Scotland with his lefty charm. And there were a few ways open to him towards a creative settlement between Labour and the SNP, based around electoral reform, funding reform and constitutional reform. Alas, he didn't know what to do with anything outside Islington, and just let it stew up there beyond the wall.

Last edited:
No it wouldn't be the right thing to.

Agree - taking the actual Brexit question out of the referendum. What ever the question if the winner was ignored then democracy would effectively be dead and we would effectively become a dictatorship or go back to a monarchy in the eyes of the winners. Not a good place to be for any further votes in this country.

Back to Brexit - at least in a few years (10+) time if things are bad they can roll out another referendum and ask what they want people to do - rejoin the EU and all the trimming that would come with it. The people make their choice and some sort of control remains

Well in fairness that wouldn't matter as both Scotland and the SNP are anti-Brexit, so if say the Lib dems beat the Torys in England (hypothetically) by running on an anti-Brexit ticket then they could rely on SNP support for a parliamentary vote on cancelling Brexit.

A lot of Scottish people aren't anti Brexit like Nicola would lead you to believe. Don't go tarring them with the same brush.

It maybe suicide, but it would be the right thing to do, but alas politicians are just self serving *****, and have no interest in the best thing for the people.

You think? I honestly don't understand why people think Brexit is the end of the world...

EU isn't exactly gravy for Southern Europeans is it? But they don't matter, as long as you're ok?

The SNP is really Labour in disguise. Nicola is very left wing when you listen to her. She hates the Tories with such a passion. Still cannot get over how much the SNP has dominated Scotland and every god damn year all they can talk about is bloody independance.

The best part is they don't really care about independence because they'll tie Scotland into the EU and by extension weaken what's left of the UK's prospect of independence, I wouldn't be surprised if the SNP are backed by the EU in the first place just to prevent us all from ever leaving.

....because for some people its all they know but what happened before they were born didn't exist?

I'm only 27, and a Brexiteer. Guess people just fear change.

The EU has it's merits and did some good things, but it has effectively run its course, imo. Take forward the lessons learnt and move on.

As a trade block/ single market it was fantastic. When it morphed into the political, fiscal, monetary monstrosity it is now it was destined to fail... But I guess you don't know these things till you try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom