• Labour

• Lib Dem

• UKIP

• Other (please state)

• I won't be voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So 'remain' post brexit was just a lot of hot air...

Anyone voting lib dem / labour needs to accept that they may have to negotiate brexit...
The point of voting Lib Dem or Labour at this point is to get a soft Brexit, rather than a die hard kamikaze Brexit. No one seriously thinks it can be stopped at this point, apart from the fictional people that the right wing press - the Mail, the Telegraph - are busy writing about May crushing under the heels of her jackboots. Gotta keep up the them and us narrative, after all, make sure the Tories turn out to vote.

The Tories don't exactly have a great history of EU negotiations...

If May had taken over Camerons renegotiation we may not be where we are now...

There is no way Labour or the Lib Dems could get a better brexit deal - especially as some wishy washy coalition.

This election should be to either have a strong government that will deliver brexit or a strong government that can block it.

The point of voting Lib Dem or Labour at this point is to get a soft Brexit, rather than a die hard kamikaze Brexit. No one seriously thinks it can be stopped at this point, apart from the fictional people that the right wing press - the Mail, the Telegraph - are busy writing about May crushing under the heels of her jackboots. Gotta keep up the them and us narrative, after all, make sure the Tories turn out to vote.

Indeed.
I'm a staunch remainer and I think always will be, but even I have no illusions that Brexit will be cancelled. They called the referendum, we voted, we lost, simple as that. But that doesn't mean I'm going to stand by and give my blessing to a political party that seems intent on heading down a dangerous path with their drive for a hard-Brexit.
Brexit is happening whether we like it or not. The battle ground is now about what form that will take.

People shouldn't really be voting Lib Dem about Brexit - with Labour in such a shambles its about the only way to temper the Tories - but only if a lot of people understand this - sadly I suspect too many just won't see this and then wonder why it hurts down the line :s

I'm still of the opinion that if a party came straight out with a 'we will cancel brexit' manifesto they should get at least 48% of the vote. Especially as people seem convinced that a brexit vote would be different today now that people know they were lied to.(according to the hordes in the SC thread)
Any remainer voting Conservative needs to take a long hard look at themselves IMO.

I'm still of the opinion that if a party came straight out with a 'we will cancel brexit' manifesto they should get at least 48% of the vote. Especially as people seem convinced that a brexit vote would be different today now that people know they were lied to.(according to the hordes in the SC thread)
Any remainer voting Conservative needs to take a long hard look at themselves IMO.

Agreed.

Any manifesto pledge to block brexit will need to detail how it will be blocked...

Also, everyone needs to be aware - whoever wins the election will use the excuse 'we have a clear mandate' to do any damn thing they like - not what you want, or I want, whatever THEY want, and they will simply harp on about 'clear mandates'

Be Aware.

No way. You reckon all the SNP voters will switch to a mainstream party? Not a chance. Not to mention that labour and Lib dems still have staunch supporters who will vote for them whatever. It's folly to think that simply saying we will cancel brexit will result in 48% of the electorate voting for you. What's more, the other 52% will probably vote Tory.

No way. You reckon all the SNP voters will switch to a mainstream party? Not a chance. Not to mention that labour and Lib dems still have staunch supporters who will vote for them whatever. It's folly to think that simply saying we will cancel brexit will result in 48% of the electorate voting for you.
I don't count Scotland in this at all.That will still be hugely SNP after this.

Also, everyone needs to be aware - whoever wins the election will use the excuse 'we have a clear mandate' to do any damn thing they like - not what you want, or I want, whatever THEY want, and they will simply harp on about 'clear mandates'

Be Aware.

Depends on the margin of winning I suppose - if you trounce everyone else then they could probably say this with conviction - someone sets out a manifesto, more people vote for it than any other manifesto so that manifesto has a mandate to be implemented. If its a wide margin then I guess its a clear mandate.

This applies to the policy in the manifesto though only.

Maybe because stopping Brexit is political suicide?

See one of my last posts to you regarding the EU seeing as you are still preaching 'humanity first, business last' and are pro-EU.

Not sure what to say to the other ramblings.

It maybe suicide, but it would be the right thing to do, but alas politicians are just self serving *****, and have no interest in the best thing for the people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom