• Labour

• Lib Dem

• UKIP

• Other (please state)

• I won't be voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much of this is true? We have given our notice to leave but have not left yet. Is there anything written in European law that says once we submit A50 that is it? (genuine question, as I don't know either)

It can be stopped, but it requires the individual agreement of each member state. Compromises would have to be made. A50 means not going back to how it was before even if it is stopped, so in many respects forward is the only way to go, it's just a question of how far.

I don't think that's true. Literally the only reason for the snap election is to give the nation one last chance to rescue this floating excrement of a "cut off the rest of the body to spite the face" referendum outcome at the polls. There is no other reason to do it - Cons won't get any more voters than before, they have seats to lose rather than gain. Obviously in ideal world the forknuts of Labour would understand the play and their place and the election would be between Cons and "Coalition For Europe", but as we can see already - the minority parties cannot see beyond their little egos...

It can be stopped, but it requires the individual agreement of each member state. Compromises would have to be made. A50 means not going back to how it was before even if it is stopped, so in many respects forward is the only way to go, it's just a question of how far.

Im sure if we wanted to cancel the A50, France and Germany would strongarm the other member states into agreeing to it - there would be a price though which would definitely be more integration into the EU which might include the Euro. We'd proabably have to pipe down for a while as well and tow the line.

I agree we probably have to leave at this point and if we chose to rejoin in the future depending what we brought to the table is what we would get away with.

I wish there was actually a suitable opposition party right now.

I'd like to put my vote towards Lib Dems, but I just feel they 'aren't there' currently, will have to see how their campaigning goes.

I don't like May much, but I'm not going to vote for Corbyn.

I dont believe the Tories know what sort of Brexit they are going to get - but they want the power to be able to be flexible in negotiating some sort of position without a knife being held at their backs. What we will get is something in between hard and soft BRexit - although it seems the common market/free movement are the only differences ive seem people argue about

In some regards the vote to leave the EU was a bit vague but remainers arguing the Brexitiers didn't want a hard Brexit is just grasping at straws. You only need to look at all the countless survey's and opinion polls conducted during the referendum which showed that the most important factors for people leaving the EU were sovereignty and boarder control. Mrs Merkel made it quite clear to us and David Cameron that she would not support any motion that allowed Britain to have any sort of special deal that gave us control of boarders and we couldn't pick and choose which laws to accept so in that regard the only option was leaving the EU and the ECC for Brexit supporters.

Tbh I don't see the point in a soft Brexit in the long term, in the short term it will help reconcile differences between the two camps but in the long run if we reamined in the EEC nobody will be satisfied as we will still have open boarders with Europe and very little influences over decisions made in the customs union.

Ofcourse. Ukip are nothing/pointless now - they wont get as many votes as last time.

As you say, UKIP voters will defect to the Conservatives. However a HUGE number of Conservative voters will defect to the Lib Dems. Some Labour supporters will as well.

The difference in Lib Dem support here between 2015 and now is massive and whilst we are but a humble computer forum, I feel the sentiment will be similar across the country. ~48% of the voters voted to remain and they are still ******* off about it so this is there chance to vote against a hard brexit.

To be honest , I think the Conservatives will end up with a similar narrow majority but with the loads more seats for the Lib Dems.

Lib Dems need to throw everything at this - it is a once in a lifetime chance for them if they drop the ball they only have themselves to blame for it slipping through their fingers.

Why is that so shocking? There was a referendum, and foolishly the government are sticking to it. How would it possibly be derailed? No one has even tried to derail it, much as some people think they have.

Well firstly I said slightly shocked and secondly we are supposed to believe that brexit is the apocalypse and only a few racist pensioners support it now.

Presumably the lib dem manifesto wont include trying to revoke article 50.

Presumably the lib dem manifesto wont include trying to revoke article 50.

It almost certainly won't. I guess they *may* opt for a fallback position of attempting to revoke A50 or extend the negotiation period if no good deal has been agreed though. Which TBH is the position TM should have taken too rather than a confrontational position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom