• Labour

• Lib Dem

• UKIP

• Other (please state)

• I won't be voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I'm not a Labour voter, I'll be sad to see Andy Burnham go. He was one Labour politician I genuinely liked and respected. Should have been leader instead of Corbyn.

Really? I'm not the biggest fan of Corbyn, but at least he sticks to his principles. Burnham will literally agree with anything he thinks will win him votes. He's shameless.

The SNP is centre left. Some posters on here have said they are actually right wing. A large swathe of Scotland hates the Tories as they see them destroying the services so many people rely upon. It is only your ignorance of Scotland that makes you unable to understand why they vote for the SNP and it is not because of independence but because they are doing a good job of running the country. No Govt is perfect but compared to the Labour Govts up here they are much better. Only the opposition go on about independence all the time especially the Tory leader. She bring it up almost all the time even when the subject being asked has nothing to do with independence.

If the SNP are doing such an amazing job, why according to the Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA) for 2015 has Scotland has tumbled down league tables for maths, reading and science when compared to 34 other developed countries and the UK’s three other home nations? "Overall, Scotland’s ranking has dropped from 11th to 23rd for reading since 2006, from 11th to 24th for maths and from 10th to 19 for science. A record number of nations are now doing better than Scotland, with the English education system boasting a significantly superior performance at science." http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...h-education-system-records-worst-ever-rating/

If you define doing well as falling down the education league tables, then the SNP are amazing :D

It's exactly the same principle, and everyone knows why you're not answering.

If all the leave groups want to create a coalition then sure, they can create a governing party... ;)

How do you know the soft Brexit and diet Brexit people would want to form a coalition with the hard brexiters though?:p

Honestly it's not a great example either way.

If all the leave groups want to create a coalition then sure, they can create a governing party... ;)

How do you know the soft Brexit and diet Brexit people would want to form a coalition with the hard brexiters though?:p

Honestly it's not a great example either way.
Strange. A load of minorities collaborating to exclude the majority was all fine a few posts back.

What about the NHS? As someone who relies on the NHS, it is a far more important issue to me than brexit.

What about tax, education, housing, transport. All those affect the average voters life far more than brexit ever will.
Don't go voting Conservative then, even as a brexiteer. The Cons definitely don't have your best interests at heart.

Don't go voting Conservative then, even as a brexiteer. The Cons definitely don't have your best interests at heart.

But you just know most Brexiteers will vote Conservative, even though we can see it's turkeys voting for Christmas, they just have the one issue in mind and it's being reinforced by all of May's soundbites

If the SNP are doing such an amazing job, why according to the Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA) for 2015 has Scotland has tumbled down league tables for maths, reading and science when compared to 34 other developed countries and the UK’s three other home nations? "Overall, Scotland’s ranking has dropped from 11th to 23rd for reading since 2006, from 11th to 24th for maths and from 10th to 19 for science. A record number of nations are now doing better than Scotland, with the English education system boasting a significantly superior performance at science." http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...h-education-system-records-worst-ever-rating/

If you define doing well as falling down the education league tables, then the SNP are amazing :D

I did not say

the SNP are doing such an amazing job

I said they were doing better than Labour did.

Crude league tables do not evaluate how well a system is doing but how it is measured compared to other countries. You could stay the same but other countries could move up and therefore you are lower. All countries in the UK had similar drops so it is not just a Scottish phenomenon as you are trying to imply.

As far as education goes I do know a little about it being a recently retired teacher. One thing people seem to forget is that education is a two way process. In the west, by that I mean mainly but not exclusively America and the UK we have an anti education agenda. Teachers are routinely attacked as being left wing troublemakers for example when the evidence shows nothing of the kind. As a society we are holding up as role model people such as those in TOWIE. Using drugs is seen as cool(although this is starting to change). You also have other factors such as poverty ..... our school a few years ago had disruptive pupils and when investigated it turned out they were not getting breakfast before coming to school ..... we started a breakfast club and the disruption all but disappeared. Scotland has been going through the introduction of a new curriculum .. 'Curriculum for Excellence' which was badly implemented. A lot of that was down to COSLA(the employers) who were arguing over funding with the Govt. I was meant to get an exemplar of the new course in April the following year but was meant to start the new course that year in August. It has started to settle down so we will see what happens in the coming years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom