Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Do you not think that would more than slightly annoy the electorate considering labour under Corbyn is a very different party and he hardly hides that.
That's the problem I'm not sure what party labour is with Corbyn. Most of them aren't under him. Most of the policies aren't things he agrees on. This is normally ok for small things but major things it doesn't work. Labour aren't cohesive at the moment and are almost a coalition within a single party. Except neither group likes the other.

Soldato
After the Islamic killings in London. I'm finding hard to believe that people here support a racist and a IRA supporter that lead labour.
Makes one think.

Frankly this line of attack hasn't worked and the Conservatives here and at large are doing themselves no favours attempting it.

Corbyn is clearly far from perfect, but if at a time of desperation and after dropping in the polls, you lash out with verifiable false/inaccurate wild claims, it starts to weaken everything you stand for and look weak/desperate. Meanwhile (no saint) Corbyn has only really been personal on the attack, when/where he has been forced to.

In general, the "stay classy" under pressure approach, for the most part is what is likely needed in a leader, as we negotiate around the world, the throw mud here and hold hands with an idiot there approach, is a total and utter failure at this point.

"Useless means Useless"

Soldato
Looking at the betting odds the Conservatives are still a long way ahead of Labour. Interestingly 4 countries have a higher probability of leaving the EU next than Labour have of winning! (Looks like Italy is next with 1/1 odds!)

Soldato
Live in tory strong hold
Earn comfy wage
Voting green

Green party policies can be dissected in a few paragraphs of common sense, they're basically meaningless with no practical plan. I wouldn't waste my time walking to the polling station, have a cup of tea instead

Caporegime
After last night that would be an awkward meeting between Farron and May lol... I'd imagine Greens would be up for a coalition but not sure on that.

Greens will get how many MPs? 1? 2?

That Tim Farron interview was hilarious :p
Indeed it was, glad the little toe-rag got called out on Brexit. If Theresa May had given that interview Momentum would be flooding Twitter with obnoxious tweets about her - "tee hee, a song calling her a liar is number 1 lololol rofl".

Soldato
Do you expect the corporation tax rise to raise the money labour believe it will or do you take the same stance as the ifs?

Of course not and the experts at the IFS know a lot more about this subject that I do. I'm sure their calculations are wildly optimistic. The IFS stopped short of saying that the hike in corporation tax for large businesses wouldn't raise any additional revenue though.

Man of Honour
Interesting tool to help you decide how to vote: https://voteforpolicies.org.uk
The more policies you choose at the start the longer it'll take to complete.

Based on 6 chosen policies I got 66% UKIP, 33% Greens.

LOL I got Liberal Democrats 40% Green Party 20% Labour 20% UKIP 20% - its pretty hopeless for me voting in any election - interestingly on the site based on those who have participated Conservatives are doing really badly with Labour and Greens tied near the top and Lib Dem just below.

Last edited:
Soldato
After last night that would be an awkward meeting between Farron and May lol... I'd imagine Greens would be up for a coalition but not sure on that.

Based on how the Tories threw the libs under a bus in the last coalition I would imagine there isn't a single party out there apart from maybe UKIP and the DUP who would be prepared to sacrfice themselves at May's satanic altar. UKIP will return no MP's and the DUP usually get around 10ish. So it still wouldn't be enough probably.

SNP might take a punt if they get a promise literally written in blood for another Indy Ref and probably a lot more autonomy. I couldn't see May signing herself over to their demands anyway.

It could well be a case that we have a hung parliament for weeks / months as no one can do a deal or no one wants to do a deal and then end up with another election near the end of the summer. Not sure what that would mean to brexit talks as if there is no government in place there can be no talks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom