Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
She is actually both imo, i have thought for the past week the Tories\May are throwing the election.

Why do you think they want to do that?

Apart from seeing the economic/political disaster Brexit is going to be and not wanting to be the ones holding the can when it occurs

Soldato
I said yesterday The more i see of corbyn the more I like him. So I will be voting for him
That said im concerned if that if Labour win... that brexit will be a mess (it will be a mess no matter what party) but Labour will get the blame.
Im wondering if it would be worth it for the tories to win.... it would make them unelectable for a while.... anger is brewing and a lot of people are getting the brunt of their policies.

The problem is if labour lose I think corbyn will get ousted as leader and then we go back to a tory lite party.

Soldato
I think hes just saying that because the like of The Sun and Daily Mail are warning voters to "vote for May otherwise you will end up with SNP and Labour and if that happened it will be the end of the world"
In fairness that's exactly what they did to Miliband in 2015, Labour are just better prepared for it this time hence Corbyn getting out ahead of it.

The problem is if labour lose I think corbyn will get ousted as leader and then we go back to a tory lite party.
Almost no chance of that, it would have to be a catastrophic loss for his support to fall that low.

If the election had been a month ago then maybe, but the ball rolls further into Labours court by the day, some polls are even predicting a hung parliament now.

Also the Tories are effectively a Tory lite party ATM, May is actually closer to being a Blairite than a Thatcherite.

Soldato
It's important to remember that taxing corporations is just another way of taxing people. The money always comes from either customers or employees.

... or shareholders.

Corporation tax is a tax on profits. No company will have to raise prices or cut staff if it's reverted back to 26%. After all, has anyone seen signs that cutting it has had any discernible effect on either in a positive way?

Also worth remembering that Labour's proposed rate is still below anything during Thatcher's years.

Soldato
I would be quite happy for labour to have David Miliband as a leader. At the moment the main people at the top of labour are very weak. The new leader would need to do a big clear out.

Do you not think that would more than slightly annoy the electorate considering labour under Corbyn is a very different party and he hardly hides that.

Soldato
No that sounds like he is getting very confident...
I bet you're getting a bit nervous though! :p

There's no way he will win but just imagine the hilarity of dissecting his latest failures on here lol till he gets the vote of no confidence...

He clearly doesn't want to get in based on that article anyway.

Man of Honour
... or shareholders.

Corporation tax is a tax on profits. No company will have to raise prices or cut staff if it's reverted back to 26%. After all, has anyone seen signs that cutting it has had any discernible effect on either in a positive way?

Also worth remembering that Labour's proposed rate is still below anything during Thatcher's years.

Perhaps, if it was happening in isolation, as opposed to as part of the most anti business package of legislation for more than 30 years.

Do you expect the corporation tax rise to raise the money labour believe it will or do you take the same stance as the ifs?

Caporegime
There's no way he will win but just imagine the hilarity of dissecting his latest failures on here lol till he gets the vote of no confidence...

He clearly doesn't want to get in based on that article anyway.

It's amazing how you can frame something as the opposite to what it is

Telling the electorate now that they won't go in to coalition and will function as a minority government and expect the left leaning parties to support their policies is heading off the 'coalition of chaos's headlines that the Tories are trying to stir up.

He sounded pretty confident on the radio.

Permabanned
In the event of a hung parliment.... what would likely happen?

Its likely the tories would get the most seats.... but who would join them? Is it likely that the SNP, Greens, Lib Dems would say no? Would the tories be able to persuade the SNP or any of the Irish Parties to join forces? If conservatives couldn't get a coalition does that give Labour a right to try?

Man of Honour
In the event of a hung parliment.... what would likely happen?

Its likely the tories would get the most seats.... but who would join them? Is it likely that the SNP, Greens, Lib Dems would say no? Would the tories be able to persuade the SNP or any of the Irish Parties to join forces? If conservatives couldn't get a coalition does that give Labour a right to try?

After last night that would be an awkward meeting between Farron and May lol... I'd imagine Greens would be up for a coalition but not sure on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom