Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
No, they are maintaining the current rule for residential care where you are required to pay if assets, including property, are more than £23k, and would require the sale of the home immediately.

Is that assuming your the last one living in said property..They aren't likely to kick out the wife if I need care......Are they??

Caporegime
One thing I noticed last night about Corbyn's interview with Paxman was that when pressed about his previous support for disbanding MI5, Special Branch etc, he never actually stated that he's changed his mind on that issue. He just kept repeating that he would increase the number of police. Think Paxman let him off the hook big time on that issue.

Suspended
One thing I noticed last night about Corbyn's interview with Paxman was that when pressed about his previous support for disbanding MI5, Special Branch etc, he never actually stated that he's changed his mind on that issue. He just kept repeating that he would increase the number of police. Think Paxman let him off the hook big time on that issue.

They were talking about John McDonnell's views, not Corbyn's.

Caporegime
Is that assuming your the last one living in said property..They aren't likely to kick out the wife if I need care......Are they??
Under the Conservative's proposals definitely not, it guarantees you won't need to sell your home while you or your spouse are still alive. Tbh I don't know about the current situation.

Man of Honour

Not under current rules, but if your adult children live with you they can.

http://www.ageuk.org.uk/home-and-care/care-homes/the-means-test-and-your-property/

It's also worth noting that current rules for care in the home also has a £23k limit, but this excludes property.

Neither scenario has a cap on the maximum that can be paid.

The proposed changes, when looked out outside the lies and misinformation spread by some ( similar to tuition fees) the new solution is better than the old, allowing greater retention of wealth via inheritance and less burden on the state.

Caporegime

Because Corbyn never said such things.

Associate
And a women who keeps changing her mind as often as the wind blows while hell bent on making people rely on food banks isn't terrifying?

Agreed none of them are exactly the pick of the crop but with our electoral system you sometimes just have to vote for the lesser of two evils.

Soldato
I usually vote Lib Dem but they are not taking it seriously this time - my areas candidate is a second year uni student ffs!

Going Labour for the first time - they are rubbish on defence, but stronger on every thing else

Just had enough of

May making brexit worse by trying to scupper her own deal every 5 mins
Hunt trashing the NHS
Too many Police cuts
Trains are a mess
Bojo and Gove pushed brexit purely to try and be PM
Fox hunting - seriously?
Dementia tax
I absolutley do not agree that "no deal is better than a bad deal"

but overall "the deal" we are getting it just getting worse and worse every year,
House prices compared to earings are insane
Cost of living always increasing
Wages dont keep up with inflation
Deal on pensions just gets more rubbish

I dont like Dianne abbott or John McDonnell but we are a long way the coalition (which I thought did a good job)

Caporegime
Corbyn and Abbott running the country is a sobering thought. 47 of his own MPs went against his 3 line whip. They don't respect or listen to him and he'd be a disaster if he won.

I actually think its a positive thing that MPs go against the whip. I don't want to vote for my local MP which is what everybody should be doing and have him vote against his beleifs and the platform he stood on. I want them to stick to their convictions.

Its like my local candidate, he is against all the things his Party is doing with the NHS and says he will fight against from the back benchers. I asked him if that meant he would vote against the party whip and he said no so I said he was being a hypocrite then and nothing would change.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Wow, that's quite the shift in momentum!

Shifted from Lib Dem to Labour. Not happy with any of the three to be quite honest but Corbyn is the best of the lot imo. May is a nefarious liar (more so then most politicians) and being from a 'working class' background... well, nahhh. Farron is just Farron.

Soldato
This was linked earlier but I've just taken it found it really worth the time. I answered all categories and it took around ten minutes:

http://www.whoshallivotefor.com/

Turns out the Tories are most in line with my beliefs which is a relief because over the last month I've increasingly found myself favouring Corbyn over May. Probably because so much focus is being given to foreign policy and that's where I disagree most with the Tories on and most with Labour on. Most of the parties fell into the positive for me, though. The only ones that were in the negative bars were the SNP and Respect.

Who the Hell are Alliance, though? They were my number two result!

Soldato
I actually think its a positive thing that MPs got against the whip. I don't want to vote for my local MP which is what everybody should be doing and have him vote against his beleifs and the platform he stood on. I want them to stick to their convictions.

Its like my local candidate, he is against all the things his Party is doing with the NHS and says he will fight against from the back benchers. I asked him if that meant he would vote against the party whip and he said no so I said he was being a hypocrite then and nothing would change.

That's what I thought. Corbyn's willingness to allow MPs to vote their conscience is a POSITIVE to me. The same last night where Paxman kept banging on about his personal beliefs not being in the Manifesto and Corbyn semi-patiently explaining that this is what we call "democracy".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom