Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Coupled with Dianne Abbot basically saying supporting terrorists was fashionable back in the day... :rolleyes:
I really can't understand that woman. Fair enough she might not have had all the figures in the interview from a few weeks back where she just looked retarded, but refusing to answer that question about the IRA with a yes or a no... and comparing her thoughts on the matter there to her haircut.... WHAT?

Soldato
I don't know which way I'll vote on election day. I find pretty much all parties disastrous, in some way or other... on various aspects.
Pretty much the same here, decided to go for Labour because I like my local MP more, and because I find well intentioned accidental incompetence more appealing than evil intentioned deliberate negligence.

For someone supposedly incompetent, Jeremy Corbyn is running a very strong campaign.
That was true until last night lol.

Man of Honour
Yea, that was due to savings...

I am massively on the fence about the whole thing really. I mean, if people do have the money, why shouldn't they pay for their own care? But then again, you pay tax all your life then during your final years when you are in need, the state isn't there for you?

You can see why it's a very emotional and hot topic.

Oh, I can. The problem is the state has never covered social care for all in the same way it covered medical care. It never used to be a problem, because most people died before they needed significant social care assistance, or lived with their families who worked to provide it.

Further, the approach pushed in the UK is that the state is something other people pay for. We don't accept responsibility for contributing equally, preferring, as a nation, to demand that the burden falls on others. There is massive irony in people who constantly call for taxes on wealth rather than income suddenly objecting when wealth is being considered as part of service provision. The general sentiment seems to be 'i didn't mean my wealth...

Permabanned
"The Labour Party will put an extra £8 billion into the social care system over the course of the next Parliament. We will create a National Care Service. We will put a maximum limit on lifetime personal contributions to care costs, raise the threshold below which people are entitled to state support and provide free end of life care."

Caporegime
Not really though, you don't become Prime Minister being a lazy, ignorant so and so. She love's this country, she'll be putting 110% into making it work for us.

Really? She loves her rich friends and the Tory party. If she loved her country she would have taken the referendum as advisory and not invoked A50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom