Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not believe the polls? No one was disputing the polls when the Tories had a 15-20% lead. Now all of a sudden the polls are worthless? Seems odd to me.

Well today marked a new chapter for me

For the first time ever I voted Labour. I dropped the postal in this morning.

I'm still honestly coming to terms with it, and suspect it will be a once only event, but May has to go, her view of Brexit is plain wrong and needs to be stopped.
Maybe Labour will do a better job of it its a risk I am willing to take, but as far as PMs go, I am struggling to think of one even approaching her on the terrible stakes. I had high hopes for her on election and was still actively Tory.
Her personally and her picks of cabinet (Davis FFS I wouldn't put him in charge of my compost bin) has destroyed my current support. Even though I am a Tory at heart.

If I could vote for my real wants, I would bring back Cameron/Obsorn/Clegg and Cable. That was the best government I have seen in my lifetime IMO.

I do wonder how accurate the polls are. All I can say is that those I speak to directly about voting, all voted Tory last election, and most times before. They are all struggling to decide what to do still.
Most are pretty certain they are not willing to vote Tory, but struggling between Lib dem/not voting/spoiling
I honestly wonder how its come to this.

Exactly this. I miss Cameron.

My guess is Torys will gain 35 seats.

top Tip, dont believe what the polls are saying.

I've got all the predictions right on last two big ones, Trump, eu.. I think labour may get it.

It's not the polls. It's the policies. A lot of old rich people only care about their estate. If this goes.. Will they go.. I dunno. It's probably harder to poll fairly the older generation and the non left. But polls should take this into account.

I guess what we don't know is how much of the university type will votw. But with free education on offer.. It might be kick needed.

I have a right wing family, right wing work, and left wing friendship group.
I know many more switching to labour from tory. None other way around.
I don't have much view on trades type people though.
Anecdotal is always bad though lol.
It's true a lot of people are going to labour from left anyway. But fair few (myself included) are going right to left.

Still exciting

I am a life-long Tory voter. On Thursday, for the first time I will be voting for either Labour or LibDems (not that it will make any difference as TM will get 60%+ of the vote in our constituency).

I think what people are forgetting is that Labour have Keir Starmer who might be rather good at negotiating. Now why isn't he doing interviews I wonder.

IMO hes about 1,000,000 times more likely to make a success of it (Starmer vs Davis)
I haven't yet once seen Davis offer anything worth hearing.
The man is odious, not at Farage levels, but odious non the less

I am a life-long Tory voter. On Thursday, for the first time I will be voting for either Labour or LibDems (not that it will make any difference as TM will get 60%+ of the vote in our constituency).

Time after time this is what I hear, in the office, amongst friends, etc
I just can't work out what the current Tory leadership is missing, I know its how i feel, but cant put my finger on what they are doing thats switching off their historic core voters

Just what are the more reliable (if such a thing exists) polls saying?

I think the Conservatives are going to win it quite comfortably.

To be fair, while I think they're the only realistic option (and they're nailed on to win in my area as always), I wouldn't mind things being shaken up a bit too. Politicians in general are just awful.

Just what are the more reliable (if such a thing exists) polls saying?

I think the Conservatives are going to win it quite comfortably.

To be fair, while I think they're the only realistic option (and they're nailed on to win in my area as always), I wouldn't mind things being shaken up a bit too. Politicians in general are just awful.
They are all between 1 and 12 points, but then they all seem to use different methods to come up with their results.
Anything could happen.

I've got all the predictions right on last two big ones, Trump, eu.. I think labour may get it.

It's not the polls. It's the policies. A lot of old rich people only care about their estate. If this goes.. Will they go.. I dunno. It's probably harder to poll fairly the older generation and the non left. But polls should take this into account.

I guess what we don't know is how much of the university type will votw. But with free education on offer.. It might be kick needed.

I have a right wing family, right wing work, and left wing friendship group.
I know many more switching to labour from tory. None other way around.
I don't have much view on trades type people though.
Anecdotal is always bad though lol.
It's true a lot of people are going to labour from left anyway. But fair few (myself included) are going right to left.

Still exciting

Word on the ground is outside the London bubble, Labour are not getting any extra votes, people will not vote Labour and thats coming from Labour.
Why do you think the Torys are not that bothered, why has JC not gone to Tory areas to canvass but TM has gone to Labour heartlands.

As I said the polls are way off the mark

Time after time this is what I hear, in the office, amongst friends, etc
I just can't work out what the current Tory leadership is missing, I know its how i feel, but cant put my finger on what they are doing thats switching off their historic core voters

They aren't doing anything, and I mean that in the literal sense. They haven't actually said anything for 12 months. The silence of Brexit plans slowly evolved into just parroting soundbites and rabid attacking of opposition people (not policy). It doesn't wash with the public and its why I honestly believe its tanked. They tried to make this about one thing, Brexit and showed contempt for the voting public to be able to deal with multiple policies at one time.

Word on the ground is outside the London bubble, Labour are not getting any extra votes, people will not vote Labour and thats coming from Labour.
Why do you think the Torys are not that bothered, why has JC not gone to Tory areas to canvass but TM has gone to Labour heartlands.

As I said the polls are way off the mark

If that happens then everyone in this country deserves what they get....

I'm sorry to be harsh but I hope their voters become poorer and have to use the foodbanks and NHS soon to realise what the tories have done to this country.

I dont know how else it would get through

I don't see why people are saying a Con win by a comfortable margin, I cannot see that happening at all, I suspect they will win by the smallest margin, although it could be close to a hung parliament.

The Tory campaign has been a total disaster.

If that happens then everyone in this country deserves what they get....

I'm sorry to be harsh but I hope their voters become poorer and have to use the foodbanks and NHS soon to realise what the tories have done to this country.

I dont know how else it would get through

Quite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom