Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Well obviously. If you work for yourself you are going to work harder than if you work for somebody else doing a 9-5 job as you don't generally have much of a vested interest in the companies wellbeing other than ensuring you have future employment.

So? They are also providing jobs for people as a result of their own hard work. Why punish them for that?

That aside, it's a mindset thing as much as anything else, there are very hard working people who don't own companies too.

Man of Honour
actually nothing that has helped the so called demographic they purport to be helping (the only just cutting it people). They have helped their rich mates to hefty tax cuts while literally sending the poor to the poor house (food banks), and then have the front to say that food banks are a good thing and that it's because people have cash flow problems that are of their own making, massive cuts in police funding, and NHS privatisation via the back door.

Neither Tories or Labour are going to do anything long term good for the poor - the Tories have long got away with treating them with contempt Corbyn's long term plans will basically punish people for the crime of being fortunate or successful in an attempt to artificially prop up people who have been less fortunate but are going nowhere - the net result will drag everyone down as those that are providing jobs and doing things with money to stimulate an economy will be castrated.

If people want real, good, change neither of those two parties are the answer.

Soldato
Neither Tories or Labour are going to do anything long term good for the poor - the Tories have long got away with treating them with contempt Corbyn's long term plans will basically punish people for the crime of being fortunate or successful in an attempt to artificially prop up people who have been less fortunate but are going nowhere - the net result will drag everyone down as those that are providing jobs and doing things with money to stimulate an economy will be castrated.

and unfortunately for us the way the FPTP system works means you are going to end up with one of them. The electorate moans about them all being the same, but when they had the opportunity to vote for a different system chose to stick with this retarded way of selecting our government.

Soldato
Okay, having weighed up everything, here is my prediction for Friday morning: Tories will have won the election with a minimum of a fifty seat lead, more likely a hundred seats There'll be no hung parliament or Labour win.

If I am wrong, I will humbly request a name change to something that correctly reflects my failure.

Soldato
Okay, having weighed up everything, here is my prediction for Friday morning: Tories will have won the election with a minimum of a fifty seat lead, more likely a hundred seats There'll be no hung parliament or Labour win.

If I am wrong, I will humbly request a name change to something that correctly reflects my failure.

what name would be suited here ? I think we need a sticky and a poll for Thompsons new name

Caporegime

You have to vote for the one that you feel is going to **** you over the least with their policies, and accept thats the best you can do.
Right now the Tories seem to be looking for mutually assured destruction where as labour are offering a different vision.They could be on the wacky, but the choice seems to be between guaranteed pain and probably pain
Your own convictions and leanings will allow you to choose which.
What we really need is PR (only now UKIP are a spent force mind) ;)

Unless your absolutely loaded and can start your own movement or hijack one (eg UKIP/Banks)

Man of Honour
and unfortunately for us the way the FPTP system works means you are going to end up with one of them. The electorate moans about them all being the same, but when they had the opportunity to vote for a different system chose to stick with this retarded way of selecting our government.

Also the problem that there are a lot of people who will just vote for the Tories anyway :s

You have to vote for the one that you feel is going to **** you over the least with their policies, and accept thats the best you can do.
Right now the Tories seem to be looking for mutually assured destruction where as labour are offering a different vision.They could be on the wacky, but the choice seems to be between guaranteed pain and probably pain
Your own convictions and leanings will allow you to choose which.
What we really need is PR (only now UKIP are a spent force mind) ;)

Unless your absolutely loaded and can start your own movement or hijack one (eg UKIP/Banks)

That is the thing - maybe wrapped up in good intentions but Labour in its current guise is likely to be no less damaging for the country than the Tories just in a different way. Personally it doesn't make much odds to me regardless of who is in power its unlikely to have any tangible impact on my circumstances.

https://order-order.com/2017/06/06/sarah-olney-reported-police-election-expenses/

LibDem remainer-darling Sarah Olney, who famously beat Zac Goldsmith in the Richmond by-election, has been reported to police over election expenses. They're all at it :mad:

Hope the LibDems are correctly recording the amount of money they spend on their Egyptian call-centre. Always nice to see a UK political party offshoring jobs that should be done in the UK :mad:

I though you were all for global trade, or is it only outwards, Any export from here is doing someone out of a job in the country that imports the goods.
One rule for one, different rule for another :p

Soldato
Also the problem that there are a lot of people who will just vote for the Tories anyway :s

and the same for labour. You hear it all the time, I am voting Labour because my dad's dad who worked int mines was a union man and always said, listen ere boy you vote for the reds. or I vote Tory because my dad was a yuppie product of the 80's who said we have Thatcher to thanks for this and our life style so always vote Tory boy.

It's positively retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom