Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
and the same for labour. You hear it all the time, I am voting Labour because my dad's dad who worked int mines was a union man and always said, listen ere boy you vote for the reds. or I vote Tory because my dad was a yuppie product of the 80's who said we have Thatcher to thanks for this and our life style so always vote Tory boy.

It's positively retarded.

Human nature, look at Football, religion etc. etc.

Associate
The last elections both here an elsewhere.
The parties have no control of their campaigns and the TV media have decided what they want. They still wish to remain in EU and are also trying to drive their viewing numbers up as much as they can.
They have become a propaganda machine for their own agenda.

Soldato
its scary that people approach voting with similar allegiances they would take to a footy game and with no actual thought process. It's why we get the retarded lying shill governments we deserve. Both main parties rely on the ignorance of the electorate to get into power

I completely agree with you, it's worrying how predictable results are before they happen. At least it's a little more varied here than in the US but still I am very sure Scotland will be almost completely SNP seats.

Permabanned
I completely agree with you, it's worrying how predictable results are before they happen. At least it's a little more varied here than in the US but still I am very sure Scotland will be almost completely SNP seats.

The media doesn't help. Remember last election. The sun newspaper in scotland told the Scots to vote SNP whilst the English Sun newspaper said vote tory otherwise you'll end up with a labour and SNP coalition.

People vote for whatever the media tell them to vote for.

Caporegime
How many years ago?

doesn't really matter.. she's an old flame, they're clearly still friendly else he wouldn't have appointed her to a senior position in the first place. Point is he's already well aware of her limitations and has known her for years yet still appointed her, some car crash interviews don't tell him anything new - it isn't like she's new to making big blunders on TV either, she was doing so well before he ever appointed her.

Soldato
Man of Honour
@pastymuncher
Today's poll may interest you then regarding the SNP
Scottish independence voting intention: Yes: 38% (-1) No: 50% (+1) (via @YouGov / 01 - 05 Jun)

That just reinforces what the vast majority of people are saying up here. We had enough of the division and hatred last time and have no wish to go through that all over again. It's not the people that want another indyref, it's the SNP and their hardline supporters.

Soldato

Never understood the SNP's choke hold on most of the seats. At first you make the mistake of thinking it's because the majority of Scottish people want independence, but that doesn't really seem to be the case when you look at the numbers. Are they doing a decent job in general day to day policies and governance over say labour or the cons in scotland ?

Soldato
its scary that people approach voting with similar allegiances they would take to a footy game and with no actual thought process. It's why we get the retarded lying shill governments we deserve. Both main parties rely on the ignorance of the electorate to get into power

Yep in any other professional walk of life it would not wash. Say you had a number of suppliers coming in to bid for a contract. You would expect power point presentation, breakdowns of exactly what they were going to do with gant charts and timescales etc. Oh and fully costed in detail...

We get these 5 minute "Party political broadcasts" between TV programs that are emotion based more than anything. Then other than that its a manifesto nobody reads and some lines of questioning which the politicians just wheel out stock answers for.

What we need is prior to any political party starting their campaign is the BBC / ITV to go to the independent experts and give us an overview of the current consensus situation of the country. The cold hard facts.

This needs to be coupled long term with schools teaching the parliamentary process at GCSE and giving people an understanding of how government actually works.

Then the campaigns can start with board room style presentations as above plus the usual guff.

Man of Honour
Never understood the SNP's choke hold on most of the seats. At first you make the mistake of thinking it's because the majority of Scottish people want independence, but that doesn't really seem to be the case when you look at the numbers. Are they doing a decent job in general day to day policies and governance over say labour or the cons in scotland ?

You will find a lot of Scottish believe strongly in the identity and might even be pro-independence on paper but at the same time don't want (actual) independence which will have some implications to what you are talking about.

Permabanned

I think they do a good job of looking after the Scots. They see the cons taking away the winter fuel allowance and think that could have been us but that god we have the snp protecting things like that.

Soldato

It isn't complicated. If the division between Unionist and Nationalists is say 56:44, but the 56 is split between three unionist parties and the 44 between a single nationalist party, the nationalists will take most the seats. In the Scottish parliament, the main unionist parties should form a new Scottish Unionist Party. That would likely end SNP control of Holyrood.

The SNP are not running Scotland well. They have a huge deficit, education and crime problems. They only survive due to the above really. Unionist vote is split.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom