Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Abbott going the day before the election is too late to change anything, so yes, I assume she is ill. A shame she didn't go weeks ago, she was Labours biggest liability.

Last edited:
To be honest I think your gonna get the same kind of brexit with any party. May is just acting tough but she will get a 'deal' and say its amazing now matter how bad it is and then come out with 'this is what the people wanted and it makes us strong and stable'

this is the part people don't understand. The UK is a passenger on this ride. The deal is already done and no ammount of posturing from May, or appeasement from the Libs or rhetoric from Corbyn will make any difference. You could put a tub of lard at the negotiating table and the deal is still going to be the same. Politicians are just trying to get "capital" by waxing lyrical about what they are going to do, when they damn well know they won't be doing much. Why do you think that "Don't use that disgusting word that has long been used to insult the disabled among us" Davis has got no plan in place and why Theresa "the hun" May just says Brexit = Brexit.

Last edited by a moderator:
To re-iterate my previous point

Pictures of Diane Abbott yesterday on a tube are not proof of wellness. She might have mental health issues, she might have been on her way to the doctors. They are meaningless.

Hypothetically - If somebody sees me driving my car back from work, having been sent home ill, does that mean I was lying?

(I work for myself so that won't happen)

I wondered, given the recent aftermath of Manchester and London, how long it would take for a politician to simple guarantee election victory by declaring a review of our detention procedures and policies towards terrorism. It seems like TM might have played that card just right.

I wondered, given the recent aftermath of Manchester and London, how long it would take for a politician to simple guarantee election victory by declaring a review of our detention procedures and policies towards terrorism. It seems like TM might have played that card just right.

so using emotional blackmail to win votes. Lest people forget that this wretched scumabg May was in charge of the home office for over 6 years and had plenty of time to get things right but didn't. Much of what we see is a direct failing of her ability to actually do her job, She should not be rewarded with the ability to take away our rights as citizens of the UK. But the average daily heil reader will vote for her and then wonder why they find themselves living in a police state further down the line.

To re-iterate my previous point

Pictures of Diane Abbott yesterday on a tube are not proof of wellness. She might have mental health issues, she might have been on her way to the doctors. They are meaningless.

If somebody sees me driving my car back from work, having been sent home ill, does that mean I was lying?

Absolutely. Given the public backlash against her, I wouldn't be at all surprised if she's had some kind of a breakdown!

I think it will make little difference, but that might just be enough. I know it was one of the few things preventing my parents voting Labour.

some interesting reading on Corbyn and May's voting record on terrorism legislation for that last 17 years:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40111329

since 2000, Theresa May has voted against or been absent from votes on:
  • The Terrorism Act 2000.
  • The Anti-terrorism, Crime and Security Act 2001.
  • Fourteen-day detention.
  • Control Orders.
  • ID cards.
  • Ninety-day detention.
  • The Counter-Terrorism Act 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom