Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
So the BBC effectively making fake news with respect to the Corbyn radio interview, which they then made top of the headlines
Listen to the original. in its complete context & make your own mind up.
We have this nomark interviewer Emma Barnett on womens hour, trying to make a name for herself (watching too much Paxman ?) ,
with a crib list of questions trying to catch him out on details that did not need to be discussed in the minutiae,
you can reproach him for falling into the trap, but admirably he did not loose his cool -
but the BBC really needs to sort out its gutter journalism

Soldato
Yet the US has achieved far better results from QE than we have with Austerity... and you certainly dont have any growth when the incumbent party continually tries to ruin the digital economy every which way they can.

Most growth in this country is literally debt, people doing exactly what they were doing in 2006, racking up the credit cards.

How so? They have an exact same net debt % as ourselves? Basically..they've wasted money and found themselves in the same situation as us but with faster increase % per hour of national debt.

Hmm, it seems worse maybe.
https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/government-debt-to-gdp

Associate
I just watched the 6 o'clock BBC news programme, is it edited by the Conservative party? Headline news is that Jeremy Corbyn forgot the cost of providing free nursery places on the Woman's Hour programme. The BBC don't like Jeremy.

Soldato
Surely the debt is a symptom of the deficit? If you never run a deficit you would never get in to debt.

Exactly this, the amount of **** I've seen on social media over the past weeks bleating on about how the Tories have increased debt is mindblowing. Of course they have, the country has been running at a deficit for almost 2 decades!!!! That's how you get into debt unless you cut back or put everything you have on black.

The Tories are always on to a hiding with people calling them "evil", so they should have just cut everything even harder and even faster. At least then they could have cleared the deficit and claimed that as an undeniable success.

Soldato
Question: where did all these Labour supports come from? This is used to be a Tory forum.

It still is for some daft reason, a lot of young lads who don't know what the Tory's are about or born with a silver spoon in their gob, like i said before if the Tory's get in all your doing in cutting your own throats.

Associate
Actually he had a lot of guts to stand up against all of them and come out on top with his morals intact and stronger support than before. They might resent him but he's the one dragging his party forward single-handedly despite ubiquitous criticism from the media. He might not be loud but he's definitely not spineless.

Edit: Speaking of spineless, Cameron promising a referendum in the first place was a cheap move to take back votes from UKIP, and did a runner when the vote didn't go his way. May U-turned on Brexit, claimed she wouldn't call a snap election, u-turned on her dementia tax and pretty much gave up on trying to win on domestic policy and took refuge under the umbrella of "Brexit means Brexit" whatever that means. Yet people buy this nonsense about being stable when she flip-flops on major issues at the drop of a hat.

He's dragged Labour back to the 1970s, that's a major reason why his own MPs can't even get behind him. If he can't even rally his own party then how can voters have faith in him? His car crash interview today tells you he isn't a leader, he shouldn't be anywhere near the top job in Labour and come a month from now I doubt he will be.

Soldato
Still only a quarter of the original vote - would be good if someone could match up the list of Labour voters this time and compare with last time, if they are more or less the same then the poll is completely meaningless.

I switched from Lib Dem to Labour, I think both of their manifestos were decent but I'd take either over the Tories.

Soldato
Theresa May has defended herself over remarks she made today about Jeremy Corbyn not being able to negotiate for Britain in future Brexit talks.

At a campaign event this afternoon Mrs May had said Mr Corbyn's policies and stance would leave him "alone and naked" in the negotiating chamber of the EU, adding: "I know that's an image that doesn't bear thinking about."

She was later questioned about her use of the language in an interview tonight for Channel 5 News. Political editor Andy Bell asked Mrs May whether - had the remarks been made about her - she would find them acceptable and if it showed that she was becoming "desperate".

The Prime Minister replied: "No. What this shows is that this is the most crucial election this country has faced in my lifetime".

She can't be being told to do this. It makes her sound thick and ignorant. She gets away with it week in week out at PMQs but it just doesn't float during live interviews or public questions.

Answer a question...... any question ffs!

Soldato
I switched from Lib Dem to Labour, I think both of their manifestos were decent but I'd take either over the Tories.

I made the same switch, largely because the Lib Dems have positioned themselves as a one-issue party this time. That issue being one that I'm not hugely fussed about.

Caporegime
How so? They have an exact same net debt % as ourselves? Basically..they've wasted money and found themselves in the same situation as us but with faster increase % per hour of national debt.

Hmm, it seems worse maybe.
https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/government-debt-to-gdp

Better than having a wobbly economy because you aren't investing in infrastructure or businesses for some frail attempt at thinking government deficits or debt are bad things.

A surplus is by and large awful for a country.

Soldato
We had Angela Rayner claiming the, so called liberal left mantra, that the Conservatives are going to destroy or sell the NHS. Now correct me if Im wrong but the NHS was created in 1948. The Conservatives have been in power for most of the intervening period including a 17 year stretch that saw big majorities and strong ideologies. Are the current Government and have been in power for 7 years. What are they waiting for they're killing me with this teasing.

Mobster
Soldato
She can't be being told to do this. It makes her sound thick and ignorant. She gets away with it week in week out at PMQs but it just doesn't float during live interviews or public questions.

Answer a question...... any question ffs!

It's getting quite clear IMHO, she's become rather complacent and isn't asking advice anymore. Apparently the inheritance changes weren't consulted on either.

As a Conservative (in a Conservative stronghold and with an MP I like), I'm finding it harder and harder to support her.

Caporegime
We had Angela Rayner claiming the so called liberal left Marta that the Conservatives are going to destroy or sell the NHS. Now correct me if Im wrong but the NHS was created in 1948. The Conservatives have been in power for most of the intervening period including a 17 year stretch that saw big majorities and strong ideologies. Are the current Government and have been in power for 7 years. What are they waiting for they're killing me with this teasing.

Different times breed different parties, the conservatives were never going kill such a hugely important asset after the war...

Man of Honour
Still showing large support for labour :eek:

What a turnaround.
I think it's that a lot of members have already voted and don't even know there's a new poll and thread going on, 1600 voted in the first one and I doubt they're all GD regulars, just those who popped in when the GE was announced.
I may look at getting some sort of announcement across all forums to encourage more to vote or something.
What would be more interesting though would be a % of those who have changed their vote and why.

Suspended
I just watched the 6 o'clock BBC news programme, is it edited by the Conservative party? Headline news is that Jeremy Corbyn forgot the cost of providing free nursery places on the Woman's Hour programme. The BBC don't like Jeremy.

A lot of people here will swear blind that the BBC are lefty labour supporters.

In truth they tend to be slightly more biased to the government that's in power at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom