Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is they make it all up to try and win seats by promising everything to everyone. It wreaks of desperation. The antithesis of this is the Conservatives. Whether you like them or not they clearly approach the general election with a realistic approach that difficult decisions do have to be made and not all of them will be popular.

I'm sure we all wish we had Labour's money trees, but it is like living in la la land.

Realistic? They have an uncosted manifesto and won't give figures or estimates for anything.

Since last night I am actually regretting my postal vote for the Lib Dems and feel I should have 100% stuck behind the Conservatives and a continuation of budgetary stability. I'm anyone but Labour.

I don't think you'll find anyone disagreeing that social care and the NHS need to be worked out. Where's the money coming from then?

Actual legitimate investment in the country, the GDP growth would raise taxes with increased investment. Honestly neither party really cares about the economy as long as Canary wharf is focused upon 100% of the time.

The point is they make it all up to try and win seats by promising everything to everyone. It wreaks of desperation. The antithesis of this is the Conservatives. Whether you like them or not they clearly approach the general election with a realistic approach that difficult decisions do have to be made and not all of them will be popular.

I'm sure we all wish we had Labour's money trees, but it is like living in la la land.

There's a good example of a properly costed Conservative policy here: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/e...lunch-scrap-education-manifesto-a7752991.html

The budget they proposed basically gets our kids a single dry wheetabix knock-off each. That's how much our kids are worth to them.

You say this yet he seems to have huge support. Is this because he is a good leader, or because most people consider May to be abhorrent?

The Tories are 1/20 to win and Corbyn's bulk of popularity seems to come from Labour party members who are quite young. He's preaching to the converted with those people, outwith those rallies even his own MPs defy him and seem to find him a hindrance.

Why are we paying for other kid's food in the 1st place? Someone has to draw a line with some of this stuff.

And herein lies the main issue with conservatives. We pay for other children's food because because we have empathy, we pay for it because it betters humanity. Do you really want the cut off point being paying a couple % less tax so that you don't have to subsidize food for children?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom