• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll: Will you be buying a 2080Ti/2080/2070?

Which card will you be buying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Well I’ve slowly come around to the idea of getting one, dependent on the reviews.

Will be waiting for the FE Ti to come back into stock if so though. Most of the AIB cards I’ve seen are too big for my case and I don’t want to pay an extra £200 for the shorter looking fugly EVGA Ti.

Mostly just looking forward to the reviews now, they’re almost here. :)

Same here, I keep checking Nvidia shop but sadly still out of stock.

Soldato
HDMI 2.1 as well, would be good going forward.

For sure, think we might see some 4K 120hz TVs in the next 2 years as well if they add HDMI 2.1.

Imo that's the time for really big GPU & Display upgrades, not so much now. For me upgrade depends on CP2077 launch, if they do it in 2019 I might half-ass buy something, but if they launch 2020 then I go all out on GPU & Display. :D

Associate
No FREE games with these cards?. I suppose it makes sense, you won't be able to play any RT game until Microsoft fulfill their end of the deal, no point in rubbing salt into the wound from NV perspective, late October is mentioned. Interested to see the feeding frenzy come the 20th, no cards to buy anywhere, long delays, limited stock. PS: Hope you all get your Pre-Orders, and the reviews are positive.

Associate
be interesting to see how many people who play at 4k will prefer the RT-on over the FPS gains the 2080ti will offer.
as it is for me its a no simply because I only play simracing games where FPS is what matters.

Soldato
be interesting to see how many people who play at 4k will prefer the RT-on over the FPS gains the 2080ti will offer.
as it is for me its a no simply because I only play simracing games where FPS is what matters.
Your 1080 ti should be good enough to skip this gen really, depending on the resolution you game at. You will get more FPS out of the cards however and it's always nice to have the new tech at hand but if your use case doesn't require it, then don't bother. To make a big jump as a 1080 TI owner you'd probably want the 2080 Ti - big £

Just noticed the 2080 Ti % up over 10% now. Would be nice to know if pre-orders show the same balance between the three cards

Associate
yes I game at 5760x1080 so the extra fps is always welcome but im seeing over 100fps anyways,i think the next batch of RT cards is where we will see things kick up a notch..in a few years we wont even be talking about RT,it will be as common as AA I bet...for the rich folk anyways :)

Back
Top Bottom