Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Soldato
Very interesting video which does highlight a few points.

Car dealers in unscrupulous up-selling shock! Looking through the used prices and listings of 911's is pretty depressing viewing, but frankly the new list prices with all the "must have" options is pretty scary too.

I do wonder whether I should have gone for a much older car considering my limited mileage or even something wild like a TVR instead, but there doesn't seem to be a way for the average motoring enthusiast to win in the current market conditions as anything seen as remotely special has wildly inflated prices.

https://www.hamptonsofsurrey.co.uk/ferrari-360-modena-in-surrey-6164572

The above typifies the used sports car market currently. The advert contains no information, a single photo and yet it's priced at £110,000! I'm sure the 360 is fine and all, but it's pretty universally unloved in Ferrari circles and to purchase it based on the mileage of 10,000 seems crazy. Then again, what do I know?

Soldato
My wife wants a convertible.

Her list of convertibles so far includes a fiat 500, golf, an astra, an e class, and a boxster.

Before you even say anything about that list...I know...believe me I know.

Shall I just get her the boxster? That way I enjoy it too.

Associate

Her list of convertibles so far includes a fiat 500, golf, an astra, an e class, and a boxster.

get her what she wants. other options will only be more expensive in the long run :)

Soldato

Have you got a budget/age in mind? Would you enjoy the more focused drive of the Porsche or would the waft of an E class appeal more?

TBH just get the Boxster. They're absolutely fantastic machines. Might be a bit more expensive to run than an Astra, but honestly if it's even made it to the list you should go for it!

If the Abarth 500 is on the list it might be worth a drive too as they're meant to be a hoot. The E Class would be a really classy cruising machine with the option of transporting normal sized people in the back in comfort, but it's not exactly a B road blaster!

Caporegime

Get a new wife. This one is clearly broken. An Astra ffs...

Caporegime
Very interesting video which does highlight a few points.

Yeah he raises legit points and it is something worth covering but it was a bit annoying in that he could have probably covered the same points etc.. in a 10 minute video

I'm not really sure what his point was re: finance - it is kind of irrelevant as it is a known cost (if you take it out) regardless of what price you sell on for...

I'm not sure it is really a huge deal either that someone is losing 10k on a >100k car - people lose >10% on cars, especially new ones, all the time, it shouldn't really be news to someone that if they're already paying an inflated price to the first owner then they've decreased their odds of making money or breaking even.

I do wonder what steps the manufacturers take to stop the potential corruption issue he highlights, like who actually controls who goes on the list - is it down the the manager of an individual dealership, is the system/rules left to the HQ of the dealership group or does the manufacturer get to specify how the list is managed... it certainly seems that whatever controls are currently in place can be worked around on occasion. Given some of the potential profit to be made then the backhanders that could be asked for could get quite large.

RSR

RSR

Soldato

What about a Macan? :D

Associate
The stripes are on, and i love it :D The guys at REEP are a class act. Excellent service.

R stripes in matt black, side scroll and stripes down sides, PPF front bumper and fitted my zunsport black grilles. Ready for the swiss alps next week!

NCizPC1.jpg
WcsrVQk.jpg

Soldato
The stripes are on, and i love it :D The guys at REEP are a class act. Excellent service.

R stripes in matt black, side scroll and stripes down sides, PPF front bumper and fitted my zunsport black grilles. Ready for the swiss alps next week!

NCizPC1.jpg
WcsrVQk.jpg
It's stupid that the boxster/cayman/911 don't come with grills straight from the factory. It solves a design flaw that's been around since the 9x6 series. I just don't get it, they could even make money from it and have them branded.

Back
Top Bottom