Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

RSR

RSR

Soldato
It's stupid that the boxster/cayman/911 don't come with grills straight from the factory. It solves a design flaw that's been around since the 9x6 series. I just don't get it, they could even make money from it and have them branded.

Only GT cars have the mesh front grills, you can get a GT car mesh to fit a GTS models but its a bit of work and requires changing a few clips over. The options from Zun Sport which I believe these are above are very good and could save a £1000+ bill if you are unlucky enough to have a stone go through the radiator. I was looking at these a while ago but they didn't have the centre grill which had a cut out for the ACC but I believe they now offer these in ACC and Non ACC fitments.

However, Porsche "can" fail the car for its 111-point check with these, come warranty renewal time but I guess this is depending on the OPC.

I believe this is down to cooling, as that what I have been told from one of the instructors at the PEC in Silverstone as if you notice GT cars have a lot larger intakes but also have a lot more power as well.

Associate
interesting, ill see if they complain come renewal time. tbh it takes 20 mins to take on/off so no biggie.

I think the GTS (could be S too, not sure) has a third radiator which is engaged when you turn on sport mode. It must do something because its normally 105 with it on normal and 92ish in sport mode. Guess I need to drive it harder lol.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I think the GTS (could be S too, not sure) has a third radiator which is engaged when you turn on sport mode. It must do something because its normally 105 with it on normal and 92ish in sport mode. Guess I need to drive it harder lol.

GTS models add a 3rd radiator in the center for oil cooling, which you have noticed above with the temps.

I've seen mine go from 105c - 115c before without Sport or Sport+ mode enabled, once enabled it normally drops to 90-95c. Mind you it all depends on how much of a hard time you are giving the cooling system on the car. :D

Man of Honour
Porsche for years told owners putting mesh on impacted the cooling badly and 'advised' not to do it. Common with older GT3's to put it on and also fit RS bumpers to normal 6 GT3's too. Bloke who bought mine hit a fox 2 weeks in and he added a 6 GT3 RS bumper with the extra grill on top of the bumper.

29309685451_f3c4d72654_b.jpg

Soldato
I added the mesh to my 996 such an easy modification to make although unfortunately the damage from leaves etc had been done and the rads failed a couple of years later.

so much had got stuck in that period out of view, would have all been down stuck killing the rad if it wasn't for the grill though.

Man of Honour
I've got the same terms with Chubb. There's a value limit and high excess and a clause that the 'any driver' policy applies only to people who don't live with you so you can't use it for wives/girlfriends/kids/etc.

My F40 insurance was the same, I was covered fully comp on any other car up to the value of mine, and anyone > 30 was insured FC on mine with £15k excess, was Group AMA, not Chubb, but suspect all similar at that level.

New Porsche incoming for me...

Lovely colour too, kudos, should be an awesome drive!
Enjoy ;)

Soldato
Well that was an annoying video. So American and so conceited. No such thing as a poor man’s Porsche, you’ve got to earn the big bucks before you come to us. I bet the Californian classic Porsche scene is unbearable.

Associate
So I’ve put a fully refundable deposit on a build slot for a new 992 at Porsche Sheffield.

Ideally it would be the Carrera 4 GTS id like but I think I might be waiting a while...

Had a drive in a 991.2 Carrera but yet to try a PDK 991.2 GTS. Apparently Porsche Leeds have one that you can try but apparently that’s too much to ask.. surely buying this sort of value car the whole car dealer dynamics should be secondary? If I want to try one been a new customer to Porsche he should be able to organise it within the same group?

Previously looked at R8’s but couldn’t find the right spec / price / compromise on used ones.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Welcome to the wait. :(

Current 991.2 GTS are looking more and more like a no go.

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/company/porsche-sale-new-vehicles-europe-15574.html

As part of the transition, there will be a phased introduction of the model derivatives. Starting in September, selected models from the 911 and 718 model lines will be available with a gasoline particulate filter. The 911 4 GTS with all-wheel drive and PDK will also be available in three body shapes from the outset – as a Coupé, Cabriolet and Targa. Alongside the 911 4 GTS derivatives, the new technology for gasoline particulate filters (GPF) will be implemented into the 718 basic and GTS models and then into other model lines.

These are the only models being made this year IIRC.

As for my order, they have said they will secure me one of the first 992's off the line should I want that option.

Last edited:
Associate
Congrats, did they tell you expected delivery? Just interested. Why the C4 as a matter of interest?

Well I’ve found the Quattro system on my RS3 to be pretty good so assumed it’s a similar offering? As I said I’ve not tried many cars / options so it all might change.

He said that following the Geneva motor show in September the car will likely be orderable at the start of 2019 (likely just the Carrera/S initially) with delivery in the summer. For the GTS he said he doesn’t know but someone else told me it’s typically 6 months after before you can order the GTS variant? So could be a very late 2019 or early 2020.

Caporegime
Ref: the Singer 911 above - I think 500k is more like the price for a regular one, that new one in collaboration with Williams will cost $1.8 million new!

Back
Top Bottom