Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Associate
front end looks a bit "shocked", dont like the way its all been squared off around the bonnet and bumper. Rear end is a bit over designed for me, and if thats not a "4" then they've lost that something special on that model.

I've heard its going to have hybrid drivetrain available as well, and every engine will turbo charged including the GT3. Inevitable i guess, and undoubtably fast with punchy midrange.... but pretty sure it will lose a bit of soul and soundtrack.

prefer my NA 991.... but i would say that eh.

Permabanned

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Really like the rear end... can't stand the front though.

On another note... thinking about a GT4... would I be really silly to buy now? The rumours still can't decide if the new ones will be turbo or 4.0...

The current rumour mill is the 992 is set to its unveiling at the LA Motorshow in November, so it could be unveiled then or it will be at Geneva in March.

I don't think GT4 values will drop over night as they are settled ish at the moment, I guess the worry is the next new shiny thing is always around the corner. I'd say go for it if aren't worry about loosing a little if a new one comes out as they are currently one of the best drivers cars for the money IMO.

However, I would recommend going for one with the folding buckets over the 918 style seats as they are too up right for my liking and I think you had those in your GT3.

Associate
ive seen the rumour mill saying the next gt4 will get a NA engine.... but given everything is going turbo id assume thats pretty unlikely. why would the gt4 be the only car in the lineup to get a NA engine, seems unlikely.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Yeah... I couldn't stand the 918 seats... I'm thinking about grabbing one of the few with sports seats!

4 or 18 way? I'm not the biggest fan of those seats personally.

ive seen the rumour mill saying the next gt4 will get a NA engine.... but given everything is going turbo id assume thats pretty unlikely. why would the gt4 be the only car in the lineup to get a NA engine, seems unlikely.

One rumour trail that's suggesting it's a de-tuned "GT" 4lt unit and there is a another thread with it being a turbo unit which has been seen going around Monza one thing is consistent though, both units are a flat six PU.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
I was told by staff at the dealership that NA's were basically going to be a thing of the past apart from "perhaps a few special editions" with the focus being on hybrid tech or fully electric. I dunno where turbo's fit in to that.

As a side note - just took mine out for a blast. Man I love that thing. Burble burble burble.

Soldato
They’ve really overthought that 911. The whole thing is trying to toe the line of the common themes in the brand. The rear is too panamera for me and the front is like a 718 with round headlights. I’m sure it’ll be excellent to drive and I’m sure every salesman will be saying about how much like the 993/959 the front headlights are and how the vertical slats over the rear hark back to the early air cooled 2.0’s. I’m less covinced - the 991 was a nice evolution but I’m concerned that the 911 will be forced to meld into the ever expanding Porsche model lineup and will lose some of its charm. Need to see more in the flesh I think.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
whats the reason you dont see 18s on GT cars you think? most ppl opt for buckets? or not at all.

I guess the cynical reason would be some flippers want a basic model and the other reason I think if you are spending £1800.00 extra on the 18 way the Buckets are are not hugely much more money.

Back
Top Bottom