Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Soldato
The price of them are also around £20k for 2010 models.

Wow, I sold my 2007 Boxster S (with 15 months of OPC warranty and breakdown attached to the car) for £13.5k......5 years ago!

I can't work out if that's a good thing as they've held value well over the past few years or a bad thing as it's a lot of money for a nearly 10 year old car. I didn't pay much more than £20k from a Porsche Dealer when the car was less than 4 years old and that included 2 years of warranty and breakdown which is valued at nearly £2k.

Caporegime
Wow, I sold my 2007 Boxster S (with 15 months of OPC warranty and breakdown attached to the car) for £13.5k......5 years ago!

I can't work out if that's a good thing as they've held value well over the past few years or a bad thing as it's a lot of money for a nearly 10 year old car. I didn't pay much more than £20k from a Porsche Dealer when the car was less than 4 years old and that included 2 years of warranty and breakdown which is valued at nearly £2k.

It seems the Cayman holds its value better, especially the Gen 2 variants.

OcUK Staff
OP
Seems to be a growing controversy around 991 GT3's and GT4's cracking suspension top mounts. A number of cars have shattered their front upright mountings.

https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/948382-strut-tower-failure.html

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=231&t=1613839

I think its terrible service from Porsche!
The only saving grace is £5400 to repair it does seem a very fair price. They could have easily said 10-20k.

But I feel warranty should cover that or there should be at least 50% contribution as hitting pot holes, or curbs on a race track or spinning off (as long as you don't hit anything) this should not be happening, especially on such a low miles car.

What is more scary is Porsches have no weight in the front, so what are the strut towers made from, literally cheese?

E46 M3 can do the same, but it is rare and the fact that I've hit countless curbs, spun of several times and used my car as daily on roads and its on 115k miles, the strut towers are original and still fine.

This kind of issue could damage Porsche reputation, my experience with Porsche ownership was fantastic but when you see stuff like this, it was really put one off, plus he probably also needs a new wheel and pair of front tyres so probably another 1-2k in expense to put car right and I know its in the compound but the car covered in all that bird poo, they should still hose them off if that happens as bird crap can ruin paint if left on it.

olv

olv

Soldato
This kind of issue could damage Porsche reputation

Ha! They did not give a **** at the hundreds (if not thousands) of 997 and 987 engines that blew up and that did no harm to their reputation, people are still clamouring over each other to get their hands on Porsches.

If anything, them doing absolutely nothing about it is about what you'd expect them to do given their history.

OcUK Staff
OP
Ha! They did not give a **** at the hundreds (if not thousands) of 997 and 987 engines that blew up and that did no harm to their reputation, people are still clamouring over each other to get their hands on Porsches.

If anything, them doing absolutely nothing about it is about what you'd expect them to do given their history.

Yeah very true, I still purchased one! Mine I felt was properly put together and always felt solid.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Just collected my from the dealers today after its major service and it's excellent service as normal from them.

The service cost breakdown is the following:

Major Service £525.00
PSP £120.45
Plugs £95.22
Check Drive Belt £49.50
Brake Change £79.17
MOT £54.85

Net Total £924.19
Total £1098.06

Tyre Sealant £60

It's hard to believe but my little car was 4 years old yesterday, it only feels like yesterday I collected it.

I also had a chat with the salesman around the 992 and where they are at the moment with the order process for it. At the moment PTS has been withdrawn from UK car, so they are estimating its going to be available to order around November onward along with the buckets. Also PTS looks to have taken a bump in price to £6400.00. So I am back to waiting again for the car.

They should be getting there car next month, so they are going to let me have that for a little while to see how I get on with it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just collected my from the dealers today after its major service and it's excellent service as normal from them.

The service cost breakdown is the following:

Major Service £525.00
PSP £120.45
Plugs £95.22
Check Drive Belt £49.50
Brake Change £79.17
MOT £54.85

Net Total £924.19
Total £1098.06

Tyre Sealant £60

It's hard to believe but my little car was 4 years old yesterday, it only feels like yesterday I collected it.

I also had a chat with the salesman around the 992 and where they are at the moment with the order process for it. At the moment PTS has been withdrawn from UK car, so they are estimating its going to be available to order around November onward along with the buckets. Also PTS looks to have taken a bump in price to £6400.00. So I am back to waiting again for the car.

They should be getting there car next month, so they are going to let me have that for a little while to see how I get on with it.
50 quid seems excessive just to check a belt. Also what PSP, you got a games console plugin or something:D. Is yours servicing every 2 years?

RSR

RSR

Soldato
50 quid seems excessive just to check a belt. Also what PSP, you got a games console plugin or something:D. Is yours servicing every 2 years?

Yes, its 2/6/10 years for its minor service and then 4/8/12 for its major. So my running costs for next year will be 111-Point Check, MOT and Warranty extension if the new car hasn't arrived by then.

The drive belt is classed as "additional maintenance" and not part of the major service, which should be checked 4 years or 40,000 which every comes first. I'll be honest on the PSP (I think it was the particle filter) I can't remember what that is I was told. :o

Last edited:
Soldato
This is why I love my Indy (Zuffenhaus). £200 for a minor and £400 for a major.

To echo what @Gibbo said, no matter how much everyone says the water cooled cars were built to a budget, every 996, 997 and 987 that I’ve been in has felt incredibly well put together. Oh, and the M96/7 is a peach when it’s working properly and not eating itself or spontaneously combusting. My only slight issue is that the rev happy character means that you’re going far too fast when the engine is pulling and sounding its best - something that my S2000 was far better day to day at. I’d like to drive a smaller capacity boxster with a sporty exhaust to see how it compares.

Associate
I have a 2014 Porsche Cayman which iv had MOT'd and serviced from Solihull, the same garage that sold me the car.

MOT is due in a few weeks and I have a free Halfords MOT voucher. Solihull is an hour away from me and they charge £55. Is it really worth paying £55 and going all that distance for dealer MOT?!

Appreciate that servicing from dealer is important but MOT......?!

Back
Top Bottom