Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Associate
The white ones look like a Storm Trooper, the Scott Hardy car was offered to me before it went up for sale, it is absolutely stunning but I don't want a white car and when paying 100k plus for a car it HAS to be a colour I want and NO I am not wrapping a 100k plus car, money down the drain! It must also be a Spider, DO NOT want a coupe! Need to be fully exposed to that top mount exhaust which a Spider does perfectly with dropping down the rear window or folding the roof away. :)

The blue car I do like a lot, there is two for sale, one with 1k miles and one with 6k miles. Problem is neither have any exterior carbon which can make shifting on hard work, no doubt hence why those cars are sitting around even though they are stunning, maybe potential for a deal though. Not rushing into Mclaren ownership as I don't want to be stung with like potentially 30k or more depreciation.
It does look very Storm Trooper like and when paying that kinda money you would want it just right like you said and a spider would be a must the few black ones on Pistonheads do look like the batmobile from the old tv show.

I love this purple but seems to be overused on the 675LT and people like Shmee had it in this colour, but it looks so good with the yellow calipers and interior bits.

OcUK Staff
OP
It does look very Storm Trooper like and when paying that kinda money you would want it just right like you said and a spider would be a must the few black ones on Pistonheads do look like the batmobile from the old tv show :D

If I was going for black, I'd be all over this:

Absolutely stunning car and that blue flake in the paint, it is like carbon black from the E46 M3, epic colour, but be forever cleaning it and annoyed that it shows dust and marks five minutes after a clean.

This one is far more up my street:

I really like the MSO edition cars with the wings with the carbon louvres, functional too.
Only thing i am noticing is for whatever reason cars with the louvres don't seem to have any exterior carbon, I do know the louvres were a very expensive option so maybe there was no more money left for additional carbon options or it is something Mclaren defaulted as I think they change the colour of the exterior dark grey bits to gloss black. But not 100% sure, guess I'd need to ask around the dealers to see if they can shed any light on it.

Man of Honour
Agreed with white, really not a fan of white cars, they remind me of vans and trucks. Some look great in white, but only on some models where there's heritage attached, like CW and Honda.

OcUK Staff
OP
epic car do you think you will end up moving the 458 on once you get the MC ?

No plans to do so, it is too special, if someone wants it they can buy it for 200k. :D

Out of all Mclarens for sale this is my favourite:

Real shame its got comfort seats as would prefer P1 buckets or Senna seats, but that aside its one of the best colours and I've sold a red car, only right a red car replaces it, enquired about it, see what kind of deal they can do otherwise will just keep hunting.

Soldato
P1 seats minimum for the LT, the standard seats aren't very supportive even in a 570s. I've been told by a handful of dealers/owners that red + McLaren is a no go, almost impossible to move on. Orange is always the quickest to go, with a shout out for Chicane Grey on the LT as it was the launch colour iirc.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
I think that depends on the red - Volcano Red is a reasonably desirable colour on a 12C/650S for example. No way I'd buy a Vermillion red car though, personally.

Chicane Grey is quite nice in person but doesn't photo well, looks a bit weird in the same vein as Nardo grey.

By far the best colours in my opinion are MSO Papaya Spark, Volcano Yellow, Tokyo Cyan, Lantana Purple and Vega Blue

OcUK Staff
OP
If you’re after a green one there is this one up for sale and I know the previous/current owner (may be on SOR).

I’ve actually be warned of that car on social media with basically been told it was purchased in May this year but then sold / handed back so previous owner only had it for around two months, whether because of issues or just someonejumping in and out of cars a bit like me is an unknown. So be interested to hear any feedback you know about the car please either here or drop me an email or message on insta or FB as I think you have my contact details.

Associate
Update on my heavy smoker:

Appears all is now well. Oil / air separator has been changed along with all associated pipes. End result is zero smoke after hard runs and being left to sit!

All receipts provided to me from the dealer and I'm surprised now much was changed. Also pleased with the new turbo that was the first suspected cause but with hindsight had oil in due to the failure of the OIS!

Looks like I can finally enjoy the car, now summer is coming to an end

Soldato
I’ve actually be warned of that car on social media with basically been told it was purchased in May this year but then sold / handed back so previous owner only had it for around two months, whether because of issues or just someonejumping in and out of cars a bit like me is an unknown. So be interested to hear any feedback you know about the car please either here or drop me an email or message on insta or FB as I think you have my contact details.
Ha and how long did you have the GT3? :cry:

OcUK Staff
OP
Ha and how long did you have the GT3? :cry:

Got it on June 3rd and new owner collected yesterday:

Sold:

Lilian Stanley sorted finance for him who were superb and easy to deal with for both myself and him, so anyone selling privately who has a buyer needing finance I can highly recommend.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

So driving home from gym in the 987 Spyder and the shifter went all loose and I was able to select first gear but now it won’t come out of first and I can’t select any other gear. Clutch is working fine just my gear knob has lost its mojo and gone all floppy.

Am guessing snapped or fallen off shifter cables?

Anyone changed on a Boxster or Cayman?

Associate
If your knob has indeed gone all floppy, I'd hazard a guess it is almost 100% cable snapped or they have fallen off the shifter.

This happened to me (not in a Porsche) at 70mph and pooped me right up.

Back
Top Bottom