• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Possible Radeon 390X / 390 and 380X Spec / Benchmark (do not hotlink images!!!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMD need to come out and give solid specs ASAP to try and regain some sales percentage I imagine. People might be inclined to save some pennies and not opt for a 970/980 if they look really strong.

Of course, Nvidia would more than likely come right back, but that's what we all want, serious competition at competitive price.

The problem with that though is that announcing your next greatest product that makes your current products look rubbish too far in advance can cripple your own sales in the short term as well.

If the 390 or 390x released early next year, the guys going from 290/x to 970/80 I would hate to see there look on there face lol

I said it the other week AMD will be first to market with 20nm GPU's and there going to make a killing on them.

If the 390 or 390x released early next year, the guys going from 290/x to 970/80 I would hate to see there look on there face lol

I said it the other week AMD will be first to market with 20nm GPU's and there going to make a killing on them.

Not really, the guys who have bought 290X / GTX 980 obviously like high end GPU's and 290X has been around a while and the 980 since September, the quicker AMD drop something better Nvidia will respond and we get even more powerful hardware, everyone is a winner :D

Q1 will perfect, gives me ~6 months on GTX 980, will be itching for an upgrade by then.

Not really, the guys who have bought 290X / GTX 980 obviously like high end GPU's and 290X has been around a while and the 980 since September, the quicker AMD drop something better Nvidia will respond and we get even more powerful hardware, everyone is a winner :D

Q1 will perfect, gives me ~6 months on GTX 980, will be itching for an upgrade by then.

Am talking more about changing from a 290/x to 900 series.. = Already pointless upgrade gaming performance wise.

Then why would they be bothered? If they've done that and are happy why would it bother them?

You don't make a lot of sense at time shanks.

Because a lot of the earlier guys got on the Band wagon of the 900 series and went from 290's to 970s or 290x to 980s and we all know deep down gaming performance it is pointless.. Would it not just been better to wait? We all knew AMD was about to have something coming early 2015.

Nvidia have played a very smart move in this 900 series. So credit to them for baiting and catching a lot of fish :p

Will Nvidia keep up there pricing come there next GPU launch?

What does any of that have to do with people being happy about switching?

You could quite easily say moving from a 980/290x to a 390x when it arrives will be pointless, will it even be noticeable in game without a counter?

Like you for example saying you want two 390's, I bet in most games it looks no different to your two 290's.

What does any of that have to do with people being happy about switching?

You could quite easily say moving from a 980/290x to a 390x when it arrives will be pointless, will it even be noticeable in game without a counter?

Like you for example saying you want two 390's, I bet in most games it looks no different to your two 290's.

And I the kinder guy not stupid enough to jump on release :p i'll wait and if its anything like my last upgrade coming from 2x 7950s to 2x 290s I'll be very happy.

Dont get so wound up over things, this is my way of looking at it dont like it move on. What I have said here wont be aimed at every single buyer some will be very happy other's wont.. It still dont change the FACT it was a pointless upgrade "PERFORMANCE WISE"

Deal with it! :rolleyes:

Am talking more about changing from a 290/x to 900 series.. = Already pointless upgrade gaming performance wise.

Those are the type of buyer who are most likely to buy new hardware when it arrives. I don't think AMD / Nvidia cater to the frugal with their highest end GPU's. They want the guys who buy the latest and greatest, that's the exact market 390X and GM200 will be aimed at.

Those are the type of buyer who are most likely to buy new hardware when it arrives. I don't think AMD / Nvidia cater to the frugal with their highest end GPU's. They want the guys who buy the latest and greatest, that's what 390X and GM200 will be aimed at.

Yeah! And there mostly the guys that like to Bench a lot and push numbers, there one who will be happy.. Am talking gaming performance, the normal PC gamer.. Like myself

And I the kinder guy not stupid enough to jump on release :p i'll wait and if its anything like my last upgrade coming from 2x 7950s to 2x 290s I'll be very happy.

Dont get so wound up over things, this is my way of looking at it dont like it move on. What I have said here wont be aimed at every single buyer some will be very happy other's wont.. It still dont change the FACT it was a pointless upgrade "PERFORMANCE WISE"

Deal with it! :rolleyes:

I'm just going by what you said, that you wanted two 390s.

I'm not wound up at all I just don't get what point you were trying to make. Someone moving from a 290 to a 970 probably spent <£100 after sale to see little to no difference. Your outlay if you move from two 290s to two 390s will probably be at least £400 after sale for a bigger difference but still likely won't be noticeable on screen.

Not everyone switched to a 970 for performance reasons either if you check most of the threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom