Post Scriptum

Soldato
Its definitely WW2 squad thats for sure!

Has all the same drawbacks too, just had a go as tank driver as people were just sat in the spawn refusing to drive as they wanted to shoot, got us to the battle lines and the gunners just spammed everything in sight, hitting nothing and making us a huge target. nobody used comms and I had to navigate myself as no one would even look at the map for me.

glad I got this for free tbh, its just as hugely frustrating as squad is unless youre playing with 5-8 friends.

That's not an experience I've ever had playing Squad. It's about the most disciplined player base I've ever seen, and I've only played public servers.

Soldato
OP
Its definitely WW2 squad thats for sure!

Has all the same drawbacks too, just had a go as tank driver as people were just sat in the spawn refusing to drive as they wanted to shoot, got us to the battle lines and the gunners just spammed everything in sight, hitting nothing and making us a huge target. nobody used comms and I had to navigate myself as no one would even look at the map for me.

glad I got this for free tbh, its just as hugely frustrating as squad is unless youre playing with 5-8 friends.

Yeah you're playing on the wrong Squad servers if that's happening every time you play!

As for Post Scriptum, this was the first weekend it was open to the masses so it's not going to be full of people knowing what is going on. Even the Squad players don't know how to play correctly yet due to the different mechanics.
where is the website to get your free key if you were a early purchaser of squad ?

http://postscriptumkeys.joinsquad.com/

Associate
I only got a few games in over the weekend, but when I did play there was always something going on, the WWII setting is very interesting when mixed with this type of gameplay and as I said before all the vehicles give it a Battlefield vibe. My main feedback would be directed at the level design, first thing that strikes me is how flat the world is just like the real Netherlands, but ingame you need occlusion for performance so I'd suggest adding more gentle slopes with the terrain. The hedgerows that are everywhere could also occlude if the artist added a solid core in the centre of the mesh.

Basic destruction for fences, sign posts, sandbags, needs to happen as it's very frustrating getting stuck as a tank driver.

Soldato
Yeah you're playing on the wrong Squad servers if that's happening every time you play!

As for Post Scriptum, this was the first weekend it was open to the masses so it's not going to be full of people knowing what is going on. Even the Squad players don't know how to play correctly yet due to the different mechanics.

http://postscriptumkeys.joinsquad.com/

Maybe i've just had bad experiences then, but its either been join the squads who are clanned up in which case you either get outed so another can join or left out as being an outsider, but they play better, or join a squad of randoms who mainly reeeee down the mic and teamkill. Thats my personal experience unfortunately and the reason I dont play squad more.

And this weekend has shown me the same thing unfortunately, hopefully it irons itself out.

Soldato
Maybe i've just had bad experiences then, but its either been join the squads who are clanned up in which case you either get outed so another can join or left out as being an outsider, but they play better, or join a squad of randoms who mainly reeeee down the mic and teamkill. Thats my personal experience unfortunately and the reason I dont play squad more.

And this weekend has shown me the same thing unfortunately, hopefully it irons itself out.

Find the [RIP] servers. They are well adminstered, populated by lots of [RIP] members and there's lots of regular players there, myself included. Rarely get any griefing, there's lots of teamwork and everyone is pretty accommodating to newer or less experienced players. Can't remember ever having a bad experience on there. If you join at busy periods, you'll probably have to queue to join as it's always full, but it's worth the wait in my opinion. Join the queue, go and make a cuppa :)

Soldato
I see a lot of complaints about no rally points online, for me this is the best thing about PS compared to Squad.

I really hope they hold their nerve and keep the trucks as the spawns. Playing logistics is really satisfying, knowing you are moving the spawn into position for the next wave of attack by multiple squads. I can see that there needs to be some system to lock the trucks as I hear people were griefing and just driving them off randomly. Never happened in my games however. Also people were really friendly and I had some good exchanges with people, the atmosphere in all the games seemed positive and fun....guess I got lucky.

Last edited:
Soldato
People on Discord are reporting there is a beta code doing the rounds. This gives an update to the test server and reports are than some major fixes are already in place, tanks can go through fences, better FPS etc. This can only be tested offline however.

There is a chance this will turn into a new test weekend though....exciting times.

Soldato
I see a lot of complaints about no rally points online, for me this is the best thing about PS compared to Squad.

I really hope they hold their nerve and keep the trucks as the spawns. Playing logistics is really satisfying, knowing you are moving the spawn into position for the next wave of attack by multiple squads. I can see that there needs to be some system to lock the trucks as I hear people were griefing and just driving them off randomly. Never happened in my games however. Also people were really friendly and I had some good exchanges with people, the atmosphere in all the games seemed positive and fun....guess I got lucky.

The problem I found in a lot of games with the MSP's is that some idiot would get in a truck, drive it to a terrible location, get killed and then the team wastes so many tickets travelling either from the other MSP or from spawn to recover the MSP that was lost due to some idiot. This was extremely common and rage inducing especially in one game when we lost one truck and only had one left and some idiot was in the drivers seat changing the location every 2-3 mins and each location was as bad as the last meaning we never got any kind of push going.

One big thing for me that needs improving is the compass. I need to be able to see what bearing I'm looking at to call in mortars or even to make contact calls and I found a lot of the compass' were shockingly hard to read.

Soldato
The problem I found in a lot of games with the MSP's is that some idiot would get in a truck, drive it to a terrible location, get killed and then the team wastes so many tickets travelling either from the other MSP or from spawn to recover the MSP that was lost due to some idiot. This was extremely common and rage inducing especially in one game when we lost one truck and only had one left and some idiot was in the drivers seat changing the location every 2-3 mins and each location was as bad as the last meaning we never got any kind of push going.

One big thing for me that needs improving is the compass. I need to be able to see what bearing I'm looking at to call in mortars or even to make contact calls and I found a lot of the compass' were shockingly hard to read.

I was playing logistics quite a bit so didn't have this issue. Logistics will be super important to get right yes, but the logistics team can be real heroes in this game compared to the chore it seems to be a logi man in squad. Just like in real life, getting your troops into a safe but strategic jump off point to launch their attack will be super important. As long as we have strong logi leadership with leaders willing to kick fools off the team it will be fine.

Also I love the fact you have no on screen compass, I found people being a lot more descriptive and using the mic because of it. I tended to use the map as much as the compass to describe to others the direction. Far too often all you get is a bearing in squad which relative to your position might not be that accurate. Again it allows the pace to be slowed to a much more realistic battle pace than you see in Squad which is a good thing I think. PS is slower than squad but I always felt I was in a battle, where as Squad you can literally be away from any immersive activity for huge amounts of time.

I'm so pleased the dev team have not just skinned Squad and have changed some mechanics. I can still see a lot of Squad in the game, but for me I don't want more of it, I want it to be it's own thing and more faithful to that era and style of combat.

Soldato
There was a data test yesterday afternoon with a couple of servers open (closed again now). Hopefully if all went well we will get another test this weekend.

Soldato
OP
20.jpg

Soldato
I tested offline last night and FPS was definitely improved a little. Not running anywhere near as well as Squad yet, but still good news.

Back
Top Bottom