Post your actual energy usage

That's an extraordinary jump in elec costs. Mine is up 20% and I am in one of the worlds most expensive cities in the world amid the "cost of living crisis" and just did some calcs, pretty much half the cost per kwh here.

As a nation we still burn a lot of gas to generate our electricity, which means our electric prices are closely tied to the gas prices.

This thread is too full of people who don't know the difference between kW and kWh :p

(Also I'd post usage but we only got the house in July and only have smart meter readings since they were installed in October...)

This just got e-mailed, I actually thought it would be more... EDIT, be aware this is a 3 month bill, I pay quarterly!

electric-bill.jpg

Last edited:
Just had my monthly bill from Bulb come through. £256 for last Month.

Ridiculous really is. 2 adults and 2 kids. 3 bed semi. Heating only on when in and then that's just for a bit. Crazy times

6 bedroom house heated with 2 x 8.6kW ASHPs (house is about 400m2), last month we were £400 after rebate, this month with colder weather it'll be about £550 (electric only, no gas). Still tweaking the ASHP weather compensation controls so I expect i'll be able to get it reduced a bit.

1960s semi with solar (my parents took out one of those lease the roof deals before they passed and I got the house so March - October my electric use is fairly minimal during the day) and until late this year the lionshare of my cooking was gas.

19-12-21 - 19-12-22
889 kwh electric
6253 kwh gas.

I live alone so most of the day there's nothing being used bar the usual kitchen stuff, a router and an old pc being used as a Plex/Jellybean server.

That said I'm not 100% convinced this ancient meter interacts properly with the solar, I'm on the list for a smart meter and I expect it's going to be a different story then.

My dual fuel bill for this year so far up to the 10th December is £1375.......so im guessing around another £150 for the last 20 days, so im expecting a full years energy bill will be £1525

Consumption so far into December is 272kWh for gas and 97kWh for electricity. This compares to roughly 320kWh for gas and 118kWh for electricity to the same point in 2021.

More than anything I'm wondering why we were so profligate last year when it was certainly warmer.

Back
Top Bottom