Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Soldato
Tragically, I see a good number of people around here in brand new range rovers with those number plates :(

Thinking about it, you can keep all those points just change the Q7 for new range rovers :(

I don't get the whole thing about buying a range rover and then slamming it either?? I'm sure I've seen one locally with less ground clearance than my gt86, surely that defeats the whole purpose?

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I don't get the whole thing about buying a range rover and then slamming it either?? I'm sure I've seen one locally with less ground clearance than my gt86, surely that defeats the whole purpose?
But then you could do something like this to an GT86 :p

SnNHIpV.jpg

Caporegime
Looks terrible. If that was built it wouldn't steer and I suspect the suspension would collapse at the first bump, not to mention the need for a monster engine to turn those wheels.

He also did a shooting brake Demon however, that looks awesome:

glHg3JP.jpg

Caporegime

There's one up the road from me that looks slammed, but it just lowers after a period of time sitting still. Once the engine is fired up it hops straight back to normal height.

Soldato
There's one up the road from me that looks slammed, but it just lowers after a period of time sitting still. Once the engine is fired up it hops straight back to normal height.

Unless it’s a long period of time sitting still, that generally means there’s a leak somewhere. Mine used to look slammed after a couple of days sitting, I replaced the front air struts and now it only looks visibly lower after being left sitting for over a week.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Unless it’s a long period of time sitting still, that generally means there’s a leak somewhere. Mine used to look slammed after a couple of days sitting, I replaced the front air struts and now it only looks visibly lower after being left sitting for over a week.
Yep thats just a leak, the same with Merc Airmatic etc too. In theory it shouldn't really ever drop...my L322 never lowered regardless of use. We probably did drive it at least weekly though to be fair. You see plenty of "slammed" old W220 S-Class mercs around london which clearly have air leaks.

Soldato
Yea thats leaking air suspension. It seems to happen to all of them after a while lol. You can tell it's not just slammed because it's normally wonky when sitting :p

That GT86 would never really work. You can buy an off the shelf rally prepped version though (RWD), called the CS-R3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdRB7qWq91s

(It's not cheap!)

Last edited:

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Yea thats leaking air suspension. It seems to happen to all of them after a while lol
Course, its no different to standard worn out normal struts leaking oil. The difference is that you can see when an air strut is leaking through the ride height. :)

Caporegime
1962 Chrysler Valiant (SV1).

V7W87ce.jpg

2vUOWYQ.jpg

7NLTyoo.jpg

z9bfVKV.jpg

Designed in the USA, the S-series was manufactured by Chrysler Australia from 1962-1963. The SV1 was available only as a 4 door sedan, with bench seats in front and back. The engine was a 3.7 litre inline Slant-Six. The manual version (SV1-2) had a column shift, while the three-speed automatic (SV1-4) used Chrysler's TorqueFlite push-button control system.

The SV1 is highly collectable in Australia. I spotted this one while visiting the CBD.

:)

Soldato
A few pictures from my recent trip to Cuba. Most were running Korean 4cyl diesels with manual transmissions, a few Lada motors in them too. Still a wonderful experience: my only regret is that it’s illegal for a foreigner to drive one, so I only got to be a passenger.

FB2-EEF7-F-331-A-4741-AE24-5449-E7-E181-C2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom