Post Your Garden!

Soldato
Thanks!

I may well do something like that in the future. For now the only "live" things are in those three pots. For now though, the next steps are just to get rid of all the spare wood behind the garage and then look to get some garden furniture/decent BBQ :D

Man of Honour
Yeah was going to say the same thing, there is a lot of brick there so sure you can grow a few things against it, as long as it isn't something crazy and do damage like ivy :p

Associate
Looking at all these wonderful gardens makes me wish mine was half decent, its large enough but the dog digs holes in the lawn and anything I plant he digs it out :(.
Keep promising to myself Ill get it done.

Soldato
Garden after I moved in 6yrs ago

jadfeFR.jpg

Garden after i got at it

9S5PtvE.jpg

Garden after professionals got at it

Qmhrn4p.jpg

Finally managed to get my garden sorted after it being a tip for years after i destroyed it. Rather than struggling with it on my own i opted for a local landscaper to come in and sort it all out. Just finished it this morning and I'm delighted with what they've done. I've just got to remove a few bits from up the back and I'll paint the shed and fence again and I'll be ready to enjoy the space again :)

Soldato
Lovely. Really like the flower beds! What spotlights are they please?

What's with the wall texture on the 12th picture? It's not smooth like the rest of the flower bed walls.. I think I prefer it textured like that.

Soldato
Right i actually feel iv done enough to be posting it now :') Its genuinely been hell trying to "fix" the garden from what it was when i bought it.

Its only a decking, garage painted, fences painted, gravel boards put in place and a general clean up but this has just been 5 weekends of work.

suGCCnx.jpg
(When i took it over i wish it looked this good but it had fallen into wreck as they had moved out 12 months prior to me moving in whilst waiting for a buyer.
zQOXddc.jpg

So yeah i took some big tools to it and did this.
yX751nN.jpg
p.jpeg

This is were i noticed how much garden i really had to play with instead of a stupid oversized decking.
vAAaeNt.jpg

The mrs demanded another decking but we agreed it would be smaller.. By a lot! So instead of smash the concrete slab up (Which i did not want to do :D) i made use in my new decking and secured a lot of the frame to it for the new deck

Iv no photos of it being built as really i forgot to take some.
UlptmGV.jpg

Now i just need to finish the rest of the garden, Get some slate chips down and some grass and im calling it a win for this year

Soldato
Moved in about april last year.. just about finished the garden now..

Used to have a lawn, I have zero interest in mowing such a modest space, especially seeing as that would involve carrying a mower up some stairs.. nope.

R80dYUZ.jpg

sQL4Ol9.jpg

K9wiXYV.jpg

6tJDDgY.jpg

Now the patch at the bottom is in full veg swing turning out things like this!

V0HpDok.jpg

Just the fence on the left of the pictures to replace which is hopefully happening next week and then we really are done! :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Great result. Is that your new fence right at the top as well? Blocks the commercial units out nicely.

No, that was quite the saga too, there was a fence and then when we moved in it was gone, it had fallen down.. Trying to find out who owned it was getting on for impossible.. then someone put harris fencing up which is clearly awful.

We even started speaking to a solicitor and considered paying for it ourselves then out of nowhere someone just turned up and did it!

This is the fence now completed :)

TQJ3aFr.jpg

Back
Top Bottom