Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

I like quite a bit of sound presume in a room, however don't understand the need for total wattage this high.

Anything over £500 and 12" generally has high power from the sub class D plate amps. ie JTR RS2 18" is something like 4000W. You won't find a 50W 18" subwoofer unless it's horn loaded highly efficient bespoke design.

tbh considering what I spent, it's not a lot compared to some subwoofer brands. ie look at Perlisten, insane prices, just one top end subs of their subs is more expensive than all my subs combined and then at least doubled if not triple

Anything over £500 and 12" generally has high power from the sub class D plate amps. ie JTR RS2 18" is something like 4000W. You won't find a 50W 18" subwoofer unless it's horn loaded highly efficient bespoke design.

tbh considering what I spent, it's not a lot compared to some subwoofer brands. ie look at Perlisten, insane prices, just one top end subs of their subs is more expensive than all my subs combined and then at least doubled if not triple

Pics or give it a rest

:p
lol.png

I got back into buying CDs again about 10 or so years ago, mainly from smaller labels/artists on Bandcamp etc, both as a way of supporting them and having a nice physical collection. Until now I've been using my PC to listen to music, either through a set of Q Acoustics 3010s or Philips Fidelios, but didn't have a way to play the CDs I've been buying.

Until now:
KN0s0qkh.jpeg

Denon CEOL RCD-N10 and a pair of Q Acoustics 3020i speakers, plus a new IKEA shelving unit to fit it all on. Very pleased with it so far, after a little tweaking (and there's very little tweaking to actually do anyway) it sounds great, and I've been really enjoying the little ritual most days of setting aside some time to pull a CD off the shelf, pop it in and just sit and enjoy it.

I'd had my eye on this Denon player for a couple of years and I really like the sound and design of my 3010s, so when I saw Peter Tyson had a bundle deal on both it was a done deal. As well as playing CDs it's got internet radio, music streaming and DLNA support so my entire music library on my NAS is available too. The DLNA aspect is a bit temperamental at the moment as it's accessed via the HEOS app, but I think that's down to Plex rather than the player. In the meantime though I've got plenty to listen to on it while I get that working properly.

I was really impressed with Q acoustics stuff when I had separates really nice sound.
I've had the 3010s for over 9 years and have been really pleased with them as a desktop speaker, so the next model up was the obvious choice. I also really like the design too, they look modern and a bit studio-esque without being too OTT.

Does anyone recommend a small unit that can be housed inside a cupboard ideally with air flow or cooling. It's only going to have a Sky stream box, Nvidia Shield pro, then a Nas box with 5 x 8tb disks. Not so fussed on the sky or shield but more the disks themselves.

Looks a great setup. I still have my old Q Acoustic 2010/2020i (can't remember which) that are at my parents. Shall be soon setting those up with a matching centre and Yamaha amp I've managed to snipe on eBay for cheap. Be a hell of an upgrade for my PC sound from the pebbles I'm using currently due to lack of space :D

I've had the 3010s for over 9 years and have been really pleased with them as a desktop speaker, so the next model up was the obvious choice. I also really like the design too, they look modern and a bit studio-esque without being too OTT.

I have been looking at getting a set of the M20 powered ones for a while. They are pretty much 3010i with a built in amp they get decent reviews too.

Back
Top Bottom