Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Soldato
Just bought BNIB URC MX-850 remote, good universal remotes are hard to find, and I like these remotes. No internet connection needed to set it up or use it (unlike Logitech)

Bought pi5 a while ago for picoreplayer also.

Soldato
I've now have a Technics SL-1200G (Grand class) along with Ortofon Bronze cartridge. It's still in the box, aim to set this up next week.

Will be using the phono stage in the Yamaha A-S1200, apparently Yamaha did a good job on the phono stage for an integrated amp, but will find out soon when the Technics is connected and settled in.

AP1GczOWwmYeNiL6uC9qA27enJ8PDaI417iE7dzVV7Bri_L7GJCxMcvOnyQauzM02NKaiDMXyxbRsz40jw7buAUMbWlpRPTSBqiC1aMwI0Dpa_PwdI2gO_pxO2Z66n6wkSCPZk7A43t69SGN-MkDlczMkdgi=w1103-h827-s-no-gm

I was after a Technics SL-1200G for some time, considered the less expensive 1200GR2 but knew I would regret it afterwards. I had already made my mind up, but what sealed it was Chasing the Dragon was using one at the North West audio show (pics below). Their setup was one of the best sounding at the show, I was expecting a far more expensive turn table but surprised to see a Technics in use!

Just for clarification the table I have is from a retailer, not the one in these photos. Again posting these photos as it was hearing a 1200G on this setup that sealed my decision on buying one.

AP1GczO_hr86JC4-hTMxrK1epSTzNjCSr2uNN-r5qEJiUuVkcXMmapPHEGZvl_Ftp84JHqDB1fvCAp_ggDcezVq29JECe7ezN3RtxjBdFOvjUYAS_bc50j_EDKuECjdwZUtnuRNOggyV4bXrnN8SGr0TX8Cv=w1600-h1200-s-no

AP1GczMkRs-98Q761PS3fJlheZF-el-aNWUBvOFxvbNxqTm0KysEPdl75xTpFdVm9GwJMJ9oZAG7jhOk7F7IexZt6TSccGGr2rK19FLhGe3ZpcV2ckJuzeCPCCIgCLQsrDebFQHt107cTSLG0DkCgrMsjhF5=w1600-h1200-s-no

Last edited:
Soldato
I got back into buying CDs again about 10 or so years ago, mainly from smaller labels/artists on Bandcamp etc, both as a way of supporting them and having a nice physical collection. Until now I've been using my PC to listen to music, either through a set of Q Acoustics 3010s or Philips Fidelios, but didn't have a way to play the CDs I've been buying.

Until now:
KN0s0qkh.jpeg

Denon CEOL RCD-N10 and a pair of Q Acoustics 3020i speakers, plus a new IKEA shelving unit to fit it all on. Very pleased with it so far, after a little tweaking (and there's very little tweaking to actually do anyway) it sounds great, and I've been really enjoying the little ritual most days of setting aside some time to pull a CD off the shelf, pop it in and just sit and enjoy it.

I'd had my eye on this Denon player for a couple of years and I really like the sound and design of my 3010s, so when I saw Peter Tyson had a bundle deal on both it was a done deal. As well as playing CDs it's got internet radio, music streaming and DLNA support so my entire music library on my NAS is available too. The DLNA aspect is a bit temperamental at the moment as it's accessed via the HEOS app, but I think that's down to Plex rather than the player. In the meantime though I've got plenty to listen to on it while I get that working properly.

This looks great, nice and clean and now I suddenly want something like this!

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom