Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Soldato
The Samsung is a good option if you’re a fan of origami - it’s great for folding in half given how flexible it is :p
Aye haha I've seen pictures of the S95B bent from the factory. A few videos on youtube showing it as well. One poor owner had 3 different bends along the top of his. It's got to be poor packaging, no way they go into the box like that.

I took the plunge on Friday and grabbed the 65" Sony A95K off the Sony Centre site. Should be here in the next couple of days. I'm sure pics will follow. Just need to figure out mounting options for the centre speaker as it's now going to block the bottom of the TV. Maybe put a shelf above the tv and angle the speaker down?

Associate
If you're sat on your sofa while taking this picture, I wouldn't go for floorstanders - your room doesn't look big enough.

Adding a small sub will give you a better experience, if only for the improved soundstage.

Yeah thats my only concern, I am 2m away from the speaker baffles that's with the speakers about a foot and half off the wall.

Associate
@seanyc5 do the speakers need to be that high up?

The stands are from my previous setup and although they look high are only about 100mm or so too high (tweeter to ear when seated that is). They were perfect before.

Its one of the reasons I am thinking about going floor stander as I would need to buy new lower stands anyway.

Last edited:

TOW

TOW

Associate

EPIC setup! It's hard to beat a strong tube combo & McIntosh do it very well.

When I could finally afford to get into higher end audio... the first combo I demoed was loosely related to that.

Focal Utopia (i think Maestro judging by current pricing, but can't be sure, maybe Scala) & McIntosh MA9000.

Ended up preferring B&W/McIntosh combo for my tastes, but I still remember noticing the technical brilliance of the Focals, what must've been 4.5 years or so ago.

Started with the 800d3 & MA9000, now have the 801d4 & MA12000 with Naim ND555 DAC/Streamer in living room and 805d4 & MA5300 in home and work offices.

Next year I'd like to upgrade to McIntosh separates & maybe Avantgarde if I like them when I get the chance to demo.

Be sure to demo the ND555 when you get the chance... it's rather special.

Soldato
My audio definitely doesn't remotely compare to what some people have here!

Sony STR-DA2400ES Receiver
B&W DM220i fronts
Magnat Monitor Supreme 252 center
Jamo S426 rears
JBL something subwoofer (cheap thing I got for 2 tenners)
Sony PS2 Phat CD/DVD player
Kenwood P-91 Turntable (fully automatic with track selection/scanning)

Last edited:
Soldato
loody hell! After trying out the P12-300SB-PR (BK really needs a new name for that) I can't imagine what 2 monoliths does to your house. Disgusting amounts of bass in one room :eek:

Wait until you start going into dual 15" 1000w+ that's another big step. Reading someone with dual X dual subs he split the main support beam in his house.

Soldato
Few small changes, mostly to the room itself, but I also picked up some PMC PB1i a while back. Moved the old FB1i to the rears now the kids are older and have retired the wall mounted DB1i rears. Need to find a better amp for the front pair, these things love to be driven to say the least. Having AC power issues now though, managing to trip stuff when pushing everything hard. :D But the PB1i really are something else, very happy with them.

RBOqvaq.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Few small changes, mostly to the room itself, but I also picked up some PMC PB1i a while back. Moved the old FB1i to the rears now the kids are older and have retired the wall mounted DB1i rears. Need to find a better amp for the front pair, these things love to be driven to say the least. Having AC power issues now though, managing to trip stuff when pushing everything hard. :D But the PB1i really are something else, very happy with them.

RBOqvaq.jpg

Associate
52665820252_5a345d381f_z.jpg

Work in progress (ignore the decorating trousers) LG 55 CS and Sonos Beam GEN 2 with 2x play 1's, very happy with the setup although part of me wishes I'd gone 65". Not a serious home cinema but for watching films its deffo better than the 40" Sammy in the living room :).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom