Post your mobile phone desktop!

Soldato
Been having a play in Autodesk Inventor - My Lumia 830 with Windows 10 Insider Preview. :cool:

Wlt8p25.png
(the screenshot is my current desktop)

I just need to Add the Navigation Icons along the bottom plus the Earpiece and Front Camera (and Ports, Rear Speaker etc...)

FPxR2Sp.png

"Is that a Windows Phone!?! on a predominantly Android/Apple forum!?! Lets point and laugh!!!" :D :D

Soldato
"Is that a Windows Phone!?! on a predominantly Android/Apple forum!?! Lets point and laugh!!!" :D :D

laughter.gif

Soldato
For me it's simply more along the lines of... eugh, that looks horrific! If an Android user posted that, I'd also be asking if they had been smoking something, so it's nothing against Windows users :)

Soldato
For me it's simply more along the lines of... eugh, that looks horrific! If an Android user posted that, I'd also be asking if they had been smoking something, so it's nothing against Windows users :)

I think its one of the reasons they have straggled to capture market share, the homescreen is crazy complex, so many things are happening, this thing is flipping, images changing here and there, details poping in. The first time experience is really bad, imagine someone coming from a complete static but uber simple iPhone to a Windows Phone, information overload.

Soldato

I think its one of the reasons they have straggled to capture market share, the homescreen is crazy complex, so many things are happening, this thing is flipping, images changing here and there, details poping in. The first time experience is really bad, imagine someone coming from a complete static but uber simple iPhone to a Windows Phone, information overload.

Works better with a dark wallpaper, I'd used an Android (Samsung) wallpaper for the model...

I like the simplicity, the 'Live Tiles' (when they work! as this is Win10 Preview, not all do!) are a nice touch giving me information at a glance.

SjTjSLt.png

And using Folders on the Start Screen is (in my opinion) nicer than in Android :)

kAtClNo.png

Just my opinion (and my Wife) Both of us Loooong term Android users, and myself android customiser, but we got bored, We Don't hate Android, we're just bored!! wanted summut new!

Apple on the other hand... Erm... nope!! :p

Soldato
Works better with a dark wallpaper, I'd used an Android (Samsung) wallpaper for the model...

I like the simplicity, the 'Live Tiles' (when they work! as this is Win10 Preview, not all do!) are a nice touch giving me information at a glance.

I think its cool, you can get a lot of info just from your home screen and if you put in enough work it looks really good, however its far from simple. Taking your 2 screenshots as an example a lot of folders have things switching between icons and text, your navigation one just looks confusing and weird, contacts (I assume the south park pics are contacts), also looks a bit confusing at first glace, it just shows me all these people, I can't really touch a certain person and call them right away (Or can i?), and I know who I have in my contacts list.

Once you get used too it, it seems very powerful, but the first time someone pics it up its very different, very confusing, and so much is happening at any one time.

Associate
You can call people from the home screen, just need to pin them to it. So you can have as many as you like.

The home screen can look as busy or as plain as you want really. Mines much less busy then that, as I have less on my phone but I love being able to see everything that my apps are doing at a glance, only opening them if I need to. Now I have windows 10 on the phone I already miss that as half of the live tiles only work half the time :(

Its a bit odd, I hate having a single thing on my pc desktop tops, at home or work but on my phone I would much rather have information.

Back
Top Bottom