** POTENTIALLY THE BEST GAMING MONITORS YET!! ** Acer 34" Ultra-wides

Yeah I am trying to resist! A few points putting me off:

1. I think that I may find 34" to be too wide, currently using a 29" one and it is about as wide as I would like but really want the extra height...

2. Being locked into AMD for the foreseeable future... chances are I would stick with AMD anyway but still, I like choice!

3. We are bound to get more 34" screens this summer, always do

4. Conversion rate isn't the best atm iirc so chances are we could see it even cheaper relatively soon

5. I don't want to be playing the lottery panel again, had to go through 3 29um65's to get one free from backlight bleed, which was a right faff and after reading latest reports about ocuk and their service regarding monitors with back light bleed, it doesn't fill me with confidence....

6. Going to have to run most games on low/off to get a consistent 50+ FPS

Yeah I am trying to resist! A few points putting me off:

1. I think that I may find 34" to be too wide, currently using a 29" one and it is about as wide as I would like but really want the extra height...

2. Being locked into AMD for the foreseeable future... chances are I would stick with AMD anyway but still, I like choice!

3. We are bound to get more 34" screens this summer, always do

4. Conversion rate isn't the best atm iirc so chances are we could see it even cheaper relatively soon

5. I don't want to be playing the lottery panel again, had to go through 3 29um65's to get one free from backlight bleed, which was a right faff and after reading latest reports about ocuk and their service regarding monitors with back light bleed, it doesn't fill me with confidence....

6. Going to have to run most games on low/off to get a consistent 50+ FPS

Can you post pics of your 29 SW in the poll thread ?

Cheers

I'm tempted to get a stop gap monitor until something new comes along

Stop it ! :p

tumblr_static_tumblr_ml0alrkghh1qmzky5o1_500_zps0vmibadw.gif

PCM2, badass or anyone who has come from something like the LG 29um65

How is motion clarity of the freesync acer 34" in comparison to the LG 29um65?

PCM2, badass or anyone who has come from something like the LG 29um65

How is motion clarity of the freesync acer 34" in comparison to the LG 29um65?

As I note in my review, it makes very good use of the 75Hz refresh rate. So provided you're pushing the frames you get a nice little boost compared to any 60Hz LCD (regardless of how fast its response times are).

Yeah I read your review last night and noticed that part about lower FPS and motion clarity etc. I would definitely need to drop quite a few settings to achieve a consistent 60+ FPS.

But... if both the acer and my LG are hovering around say 40/50 or 60FPS, would the acer still be noticeably better for motion clarity?

EDIT:

And what about in films?

Yeah I read your review last night and noticed that part about lower FPS and motion clarity etc. I would definitely need to drop quite a few settings to achieve a consistent 60+ FPS.

But... if both the acer and my LG are hovering around say 40/50 or 60FPS, would the acer still be noticeably better for motion clarity?

EDIT:

And what about in films?

I haven't used the LG, specifically, but you can expect similar if not marginally better motion clarity at 40-50fps. You would get a smoother-looking experience (due to FreeSync) without tearing and stuttering, which is a bonus, but the perceived blur would be similar. Films are discussed in the review, they would be similar on both.

Back
Top Bottom