** POTENTIALLY THE BEST GAMING MONITORS YET!! ** Acer 34" Ultra-wides

I don't think it was worth it particularly, but being a first adopter you expect to pay a premium.

That said, while the value for money aspect was not massive, IMHO, I do not regret it one bit. I knew I was paying a premium and it was a calculated decision.

If even the price has gone down a bit now :p

I think you're in for a very long wait for a 34" 21:9 OLED for £700 ;)

Yeah that is a long long long long time away :( By the time monitor manufacturers pull their finger out, I/most of us will probably be 6 feet under :D :p

I am just waiting on a good "all round" 100+HZ free sync 21.9 VA/IPS screen with no issues as a stop gap display until that time. I would be happy to pay up to £1000 for a 34" 1440 OLED monitor.

Who knows, maybe LG's upcoming B6 55" OLED will keep me more than satisfied :p

Last edited:
unless you get an absolutely flawless example with virtually zero bleed and 100hz with no coil wine.

Yep I check all them boxes thanks (you forgot to mention no dead pixels and yes I check that box as well.)! :D

I think £899.99 is not much for what your getting.

maybe LG's upcoming B6 55" OLED will keep me more than satisfied :p

55"? That's for peasants. Would look like a portable to me. :p

I could not settle for anything less than 65".

Last edited:
Yep I check all them boxes thanks (you forgot to mention no dead pixels and yes I check that box as well.)! :D

I think £899.99 is not much for what your getting.

55"? That's for peasants. Would look like a portable to me. :p

I could not settle for anything less than 65".

Have you seen the price for the 65" version?! :eek: :D :p

Currently got a 42" TV so 55" will be good enough for me :p

I'm actually surprised, or I might have just missed it, that no one has not mentioned what was, for me, a major factor for me buying this monitor.

4K movies look awesome on it.

4k is 3840 × 2160, so the monitors width of 3440 is practically 4k, and when you have a "cinemascope" type movie the 2160 reduces to 1716, which again is not a million miles away from 1440.

I'd defy anyone to tell the difference between a 4k movie on our x(r)34's and a native 4k monitor...

EDIT: in fact, if anything, I'd wager it's better on our 21:9 due to the near native aspect ratio...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom