** POTENTIALLY THE BEST GAMING MONITORS YET!! ** Acer 34" Ultra-wides

compared to my old monitor i guess. Maybe my eyes arent used to it yet?

also that guide doesnt mention any yellow, magenta or cygan settings, can anyone recommend?

Thanks

If you don't have a calibrator, use this site to tell if other peoples settings are the best:

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

Particularly this test:

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/white.php

It might not look as good but for all you know, it is probably more accurate than the out of the box settings.

As for lowering brightness, it might seem dull at first but give it a few minutes, I find you will adjust and in the end prefer a lower brightness, not to mention the lower the brightness, the less IPS glow there is so dark content is a lot better.

Nice one. Awaits picture and thoughts!

All done, definitely a 2 man job (or man and woman in my case).

I did have one issue tho, the 10mm M4 screws seem to be 2mm or so too big for the bottom row on the backplate. Do you have anything similar?

It's like M4 8mm or even 6mm would be better.

Also, I mounted it central then realised it goes off centre when you push it back lol

All done, definitely a 2 man job (or man and woman in my case).

I did have one issue tho, the 10mm M4 screws seem to be 2mm or so too big for the bottom row on the backplate. Do you have anything similar?

It's like M4 8mm or even 6mm would be better.

Also, I mounted it central then realised it goes off centre when you push it back lol

I just followed the instructions and used the screws it told me.

All fitted as it should.

I installed mine by myself! Lol Was easier than I first thought it would be.

Maybe you just need to screw a bit harder. Not cross threaded?

Last edited:
I just followed the instructions and used the screws it told me.

All fitted as it should.

I installed mine by myself! Lol

Weird, I definitely used the correct screws. You just screwed the MX into the back of X34? You didn't use the wall mount bracket that came with it? I didn't and I'm now wondering if I should have...

NINJA EDIT: I even checked against the screws that came out and they're the same size but the XR34's stand is slightly tapered so the bottom screws don't protrude quite as much.

Weird, I definitely used the correct screws. You just screwed the MX into the back of X34? You didn't use the wall mount bracket that came with it? I didn't and I'm now wondering if I should have...

NINJA EDIT: I even checked against the screws that came out and they're the same size but the XR34's stand is slightly tapered so the bottom screws don't protrude quite as much.

And there lies your problem.

Yes I used the bracket that comes with the X34 then bolted the MX to it.

;)

And there lies your problem.

Yes I used the bracket that comes with the X34 then bolted the MX to it.

;)

Ah, bugger.

It's still very secure so it'll be fine for now; just slight movement on the bracket when moving the monitor which I won't be doing often.

Seems we're both correct to some extent, I've found a different manual on-line that says you need 4 x M4 8mm screws, I don't think you need the wall mounting bracket to attach an arm, that just to extend it so you can get to the ports, it looks like.

Problem solved!

The bracket comes with 4 x M4 8mm screws, which is why you didn't have an issue.

But yeah, you don't need that bracket, that just extends it from the wall so you can access the cable ports. due to the shape of the back.

Last edited:
i didnt use the bracket that came with the monitor as it made the monitor a tad closer from the wall, only mm i know but every bit helps, i also found the lower screws were too long but i got over this by adding some washers to take up the slack

i didnt use the bracket that came with the monitor as it made the monitor a tad closer from the wall, only mm i know but every bit helps, i also found the lower screws were too long but i got over this by adding some washers to take up the slack

The screws included with the wall bracket are 8mm and work fine bud.

Saying that if the washers are working fine and it's solid you may as well keep it as is.

Just got my Monitor back for repair after a second time.
this time the main board was replaced and i have to say previously i could
never see the hype with the g-sync and how it worked,
but Now i have had my monitor repaired it seems like a totally different panel.
the g sync is smooth and even with older games if it goes upto 100fps
the g sync seems to be working.
to be honest it is light and day to how it ran before i am beginning to wonder if my old panel was ever working properly from the start.
as now it seems like a totally different monitor.
i just hope now that it stays working and i dont have anymore problems in the future with it. :)

Predator XR341CKB 34" 3440x1440 IPS 75Hz FREESYNC WideScreen Super-Wide Curved LED Monitor

Radeon Fury Strix DC3 OC 4096MB HBM PCI-Express Graphics Card

How are people finding the XR341CKB , i have the above gpu with a 144hz 27" 1080 monitor and the one thing i think i could do better with my setup is a better monitor im tempted by the Acer at £600 , whats people thoughts ?

Back
Top Bottom