** POTENTIALLY THE BEST GAMING MONITORS YET!! ** Acer 34" Ultra-wides

Soldato
Running mine over DP with sound, both under Windows and Arch Linux without any previous configuration required (other than selecting the correct output in the preferences on the latter).

Might be worth trying the Nvidia driver, different DP ports, resetting the monitor preferences, setting outputs etc. If you have another machine you can use for testing, of course that would be even better.

Soldato
Just ordered a Ergotron MX desk mount for my X34. :cool:

Hopefully I will get some desk space back!

If anyone else has one of these fitted I'd love to see a pic and know your thoughts about it. Seems really well made and highly regarded from what I can tell.

Should arrive on Tuesday.

Soldato
I have the ergotron mx arm on my xr3, really nice quality and looks the muts nuts.
Can't take a picture as my pc is wrapped up due to I'm in the middle of repainting the room but I'm sure I posted a pic further back in this thread

found the pics page 35 post 1049

Last edited:
Soldato
I have the ergotron mx arm on my xr3, really nice quality and looks the muts nuts.
Can't take a picture as my pc is wrapped up due to I'm in the middle of repainting the room but I'm sure I posted a pic further back in this thread

found the pics page 35 post 1049

Cheers just seen them.

Although I won't have have mine on the side like that, my desk has a lot more depth than yours so it will just be straight out but I see why you run it like that with limited space.

My x34 is on an ergotron LX. They are total quality. You'll love it.

Looking forward to it!

Is it easy to install? I presume I have to fit the vesa mount that comes with the X34 first or can you just fit the arm direct?

Associate
I just ordered the Predator X34 for my new build. I can't wait to try it out. :D

Does anybody have a recommendation for a desk mount? I'd like to angle it right at the back of my desk, as I'm in a small space at the moment, but I'd like to find something a little cheaper than the Ergotron LX if possible. I'll also be upgrading from an Argos MDF desk to a glass desk 6 months from now, and I don't know if I'll be able to use a mount on glass yet. Although if that's the only mount on the market that can hold such a big screen, I guess I'll be buying an Ergotron. :p

Caporegime
I just ordered the Predator X34 for my new build. I can't wait to try it out. :D

Does anybody have a recommendation for a desk mount? I'd like to angle it right at the back of my desk, as I'm in a small space at the moment, but I'd like to find something a little cheaper than the Ergotron LX if possible. I'll also be upgrading from an Argos MDF desk to a glass desk 6 months from now, and I don't know if I'll be able to use a mount on glass yet. Although if that's the only mount on the market that can hold such a big screen, I guess I'll be buying an Ergotron. :p

I've gone the Hybrid route for now, and it's really quietened my system down loads. Looking forward to next year and the new cards/sys :D

Associate
I can't really live with my 980 Ti hybrid. Compared to my custom loop it's noisy. I guess once you've gone custom watercooling you can't really go back.

Just got a brand new one back from EVGA RMA. Debating whether to sell it or buy a full cover block and keep it.

Soldato
I can't really live with my 980 Ti hybrid. Compared to my custom loop it's noisy. I guess once you've gone custom watercooling you can't really go back.

Just got a brand new one back from EVGA RMA. Debating whether to sell it or buy a full cover block and keep it.

Slap a block on it. By the time you've sold and re-bought I cant imagine you would be any better off in terms of cash.

Soldato
Just ordered a Ergotron MX desk mount for my X34. :cool:

Hopefully I will get some desk space back!

If anyone else has one of these fitted I'd love to see a pic and know your thoughts about it. Seems really well made and highly regarded from what I can tell.

Should arrive on Tuesday.

So did the arm arrive, have you set it up yet. Pics and verdict please.

Back
Top Bottom